Profile advice

Hi everyone. I’ve been sitting for about 10 years, and on the app for 6 months. Everything was going great but in this new system I keep getting rejected, or HOs ghost me right before a video chat then reject my application with no word ((twice in the last month). Anyone want to take a look at my profile, I feel like there must be some glaring turnoff because I have plenty of experience, references, photos, etc. It’s becoming really hard to book for the next few months due to this new HO behavior. I just don’t know why they would reject without a word when usually I always get a note saying why. Tia.

1 Like

Hi @auderary,

Welcome to the forum and to using TrustedHousesitters!

I went ahead and added your profile link to your forum profile so that members can take a look. You certainly have great reviews and have been able to accomplish a fair amount of sits in these six months. I really can’t see anything wrong with your profile at all. It could be that the HO’s have just been too busy to give explanations to applicants? I’ve had sitters that I declined inquire further as to why we denied their application and I was more than happy to give them further insight into what made our decision. You may want to reach back out and ask? if they give no further response then I would just put it away and move on. You’ll get plenty of new and possibly better sits in the near future.

1 Like

Hi @auderary I suggest you delete the first sentence under your heading the reason you want to be a sitter. I understand what you are saying, as a digital nomad you haven’t had your own pet, but by using the phrase you are unable to give a pet a stable home they need to thrive sounds very negative to a home owner. They could interpret that to mean their own pet wouldn’t have a stable home while they are away with you as their sitter.

2 Likes

Thank you so much for this great advice. I knew there was something off in my profile that another experienced sitter would spot. I’ve updated it based on your thoughtful feedback, cheers!

3 Likes

Thank you so much for the feedback and kind words! I will consider everything you said in the future. However, after a few more video chats this week, I and the HOs i spoke with are still greatly inconvenienced/totally screwed by the 5 applications limit system, which you are well aware. Thanks again for taking the time!

1 Like