Domestic or International Sits, Have You Changed Your Pet & Housesitting Plans?

2020 changed the way we travel … we have every confidence that travel choices will return in 2021,
when that happens where will you apply to sit?

Domestic or international, home or away and why?

Think Domestic for us at the minute.
But hoping to travel further perhaps towards April

2 Likes

Definitely will apply on international sits as it’s a year since we’ve been out of our country. This was on a holiday not a sit. Don’t have any specific destination in mind. That’s what we love about house sitting - sometimes a destination we’ve never thought of going to will appear on the site!

3 Likes

Domestic only in 2021. I am in the US and still have lots of areas to explore. Will concentrate on outdoor adventures and stay away from high density areas for now. Hope to travel internationally in 2022 if safe and allowed to do so.

4 Likes

@Provence we are so sorry that your beloved cat has passed away and our thoughts are with you at this very sad time.

Angela & The Team

2 Likes

So sorry about the loss of your cat. It is so difficult to lose our cherished furkids.

2 Likes

Hugs xxxxx from us

2 Likes

I think it will still be domestic. I think Australia will still ban overseas travel for another 12mths.

3 Likes

Domestic for now while things remain uncertain. As sitters, we don’t want to let anyone down and you never know when another country might close its borders, even if we were still willing to travel.

2 Likes

How very sad. I can only imagine how you must feel… big virtual hug to you. :two_hearts:

2 Likes

At these uncertain times it will have to be domestic and this is proven to be very difficult at the moment… Staying positive, well for me this forum has helped me a lot in the sense that I am not alone. Thank you to all of you wherever you are. :two_hearts:

4 Likes

Australia: Encouraging news from Qantas Qantas brings forward international flights to US and UK but pushes back Asian destinations - ABC News

Flights to resume in July 2021 … previously October 2021

1 Like

That is just what Qantas is saying, Govt saying otherwise. At this stage even our internal borders are shutting so I think Qantas is a bit optimistic​:grinning::grinning:

2 Likes

100% agree! If premiers stopped panicking & shutting borders with almost zilch notice even with hot spots identified, we may actually be able to apply for sits around Oz. We’re not in a hot spot & can fly to Qld or NT but the entry permit system is often very very irritating.

There is no way i’d travel to the US or the UK as there’s zilch adequate testing, contract tracing as far as I can tell from all the reports. I’d happily do 2 wks quarantining in NZ to visit family atm :+1:.

3 Likes

Looking like domestic for the foreseeable future but currently here in the UK we can’t even do that as we are locked down and the restrictions are likely to be tightened shortly I fear.

1 Like

We can’t wait for international sits to be available again. In the meantime, we do local/domestic sits to stay active in the community and keep from being totally stuck at home! Competition for sits has been enormous because I think many of us have the same plan!

3 Likes

I live in Los Angeles and I’m planning to do sits mostly in California in 2021. Last week I was pleased to see a lot of housesits become available.

1 Like

Both. Because I choose to be homeless so I don’t differentiate between the two.

2 Likes

Domestic for me probably until next year. None in the immediate future unfortunately - we are likely going back to a stay at home order for the next four weeks here in Ontario.

1 Like

International. We really love Europe and are happiest when we can find a 1-3 week sit in a small village where we can relax and “live like locals”. We tend to avoid larger centres.

If we can’t travel internationally this year, we may try to find a sit in the Maritime provinces of Canada this fall.

We would also like to find find a sit in Arizona (for sun) or maybe on the north island of New Zealand in Feb/March 2022 so we can visit our grandkids in Auckland.

2 Likes