Reasons for cancellations

Apart from Covid reasons, have you ever cancelled a sit once accepted and confirmed ? Why ? And how long before the date ?
How did the owner react ?

2 Likes

I once caught a pneumonia and was forbidden to fly from my doctor. Had to cancel a week prior to the sit in NY. THS was very helpful in finding sitters for the people I was supposed to petsit for.

1 Like

THS was helpful? Good to know .
It must be terrible for the owners not to see the pet sitter the very day they are expecting him.

I’m always scared when i drive to reach a sit to face an accident and to be unable to fulfill my commitment…

1 Like

I have never cancelled a sit, but once I considered it because a hurricane was heading toward the sit destination. As someone who has lived through many hurricanes in my own home, it is very scary and their path is not always predicted accurately. I decided to do the sit, but made an evacuation plan for the pets and myself and discussed it with the homeowner. I was going to take them to my house (8 hours away ) and keep them until the owners could retrieve them. Luckily, the storm shifted and we just got some minor tropical storm winds and no flooding. We did not evacuate.

2 Likes

Wow. What a brave decision and smart evacuation plan.

1 Like

Great decision and lot of courage. I hope you’ve been thanked enormously

1 Like