Research by keywords

I wanted to have a look on the " car " topic, and making the research i fell on posts where cars where not evoked at all.

Other posts with words such as cared, care, card, carry, caravan were shown

Is it possible to make a research with the exact word we look for, not a part of another word ?

You need to read up on a topic called “boolean strings” @Provence and frankly, unless you are a real geek :nerd_face: you won’t find the information very enthralling! It isn’t necessarily the fault of the platform & certainly not THS. Yes, it could be a bit better but I suspect there’s not a lot of focus on it as most people don’t search like that at the moment. Yet.

1 Like

Boolan strings? I don’t see any topic called that name

Sorry, I meant research it separately on Google, for example. Boolean operators are the mechanism by which software handles search requests & how you can refine your searches for accurate responses.

2 Likes

Too uneasy for me. I’m not a geek
:heart_eyes::joy:

1 Like

As @Saltrams said, “boolean strings” will help get very specific search results. You can start of with just butting the word you’re searching in quotations. So in this case search “car”

1 Like

@ScrewTheAverage, as i explained i tried to find out If other posts had been published on this forum about kids, children or cars. Using these keywords

But my research on this forum did not give the results i was expecting. I may ne stupid but i don’t understand your comment. There is a research on this forum which is not helpful If when you seek “car” they suggest a post where "care"has been written…

1 Like

We mean literally use parentheses “…” around your search terms;
“Car”
“Cat”
“Children”
It is the “ “ that makes Boolean indicators work.

2 Likes

Thanks @Saltrams. I thought i had done it. I will check

'" guillemets"

(Parenthèses)

My turn to teach you something!

1 Like