Search Filters - Website Design - Wish List

This option request is quite important. It would essentially be the opposite of the “Heart” icon feature–click the “thumbs down” icon to block from future results.

3 Likes

Hi @DanJfromOK Welcome to the forum. As you are a new member here, I just want to mention that the product team does read the suggestions put forward by forum members.

Francine,
Volunteer Forum Moderator

Yes, please add a way to sort search results by start date. This will save much time and hassle when sorting through results.

1 Like

This is outside my direct ability to control :slight_smile: but… I do know that Ben and his team frequently look at suggestions in these threads and find the feedback invaluable when making update decisions. Let’s keep our fingers crossed, as with my sitter hat on, I’m definitely with you on this one!!

4 Likes

I’d love to be able to filter ‘up to # of a type of pet.’ I’m only one person, and I’d feel more comfortable looking for sits that only have up to one dog, and up to three total pets.

Example: Click ‘Filter’, Click ‘Dogs’. There’s an option that now appears which defaults to “>=1” (one or more) but I can set it to “==1” (exactly 1) or “>=3” (at least 3) or something like that.

YES, I have had the same thought to filter out the sits that are many cats and/or many dogs as I see sits with 6, 7 cats/dogs which would be a quick elimination for me and I am sure others.

1 Like

This would be very useful, to search not only by pet type but also by the number of a certain pet type. For example, I may only be willing to pet sit two cats and one dog, so I would want to filter out results with two+ dogs or three+ cats. @Vanessa_A Could this be added to the developer roadmap?

Hi @pet_enthusiast … I’ve just replied to you on another thread before seeing this. But just to say again that Ben and his team do take note of all the great suggestions put forward by members and consider them when implementing tests, surveys and updates. Great to see so many good search filter ideas!

1 Like

Yes! It would be great to filter for some keywords and also filter out some breed of dogs perhaps. Or at least filters for how many dogs and their sizes.

I think what’s required - and I’m sure would be enormously useful - is the ability to “sort” search results. Ideally by, start date and/or new sits.
Aussie Housesitters website does this very well

1 Like

My wishlist for searches:

• A key word search.

• The ability to look for pet sits and ‘no pet’ sits, all within the same search. It seems odd to me that ‘no pet’ is totally separate.

• Distance of sit from public transport.

• Enhanced searchability by sit location. Some homeowners are overly cautious of mentioning where they live, so within a massive city, their home could be could be just about anywhere. The THS definition of Greater London, as a prime example, would appear to incorporate half of SE England!

2 Likes

Yes, a sort by functionality would be a GREAT help…is this any closer to being implemented? Thanks.

1 Like

Hi @TomandJacq and would be a question for Product Manager, Ben but he is currently on vacation. Ben’s quarterly product updates are worth looking out for as this is when website changes are generally announced in the community. All the best, Vanessa

Hi,
I’m wondering if any of the feature requests I’m seeing in different topics are being implemented by TH? Do you have a place where you list a roadmap of your upcoming features? If not, that would be VERY helpful! If so, I’d love a pointer! :slight_smile:

I am new to TH and found it extremely time-consuming and painful to use. As an owner looking to find sitters for two different date ranges, there were no useful searching filters at all. As a potential house-sitter, I am finding it very difficult to use the site in a time-efficient manner.

I was going to post my input in this forum, but found that most of my ideas have (of course!) already been requested. But I don’t see replies from TH that say if these new features will be added. Thus, my question. :wink:

Thanks for any info!

Nope. They haven’t and this thread was started quite awhile ago.

1 Like

As a newbie I have found the filters a little limiting.
it would be nice to be able to exclude a country.
Also, sits listed in date order option would be good (for me)
I am loving looking at all the places I could go and pups I could meet (should I get chosen😀)

2 Likes

There are many places search could be more useful.

• Ability to search for keywords within a listing description such as “fireplace”
  • Ability to search for NOT such as “NOT car required”
  • FIX the bug where looking for date spans includes short stays that cross the end of a month while not meeting criteria

Hi, my name’s Cat, this is my first post on this forum.

I wondered if I could share some ideas about the website with the design team, and any sitters who had other ideas?

SEARCHING:
• Ability to scroll through pictures from the ‘Find a house sit’ page, without needing to click on individual listings.
• When hovering over a listing, the location appears on the map (similar to Air BnB).
• Map locations show the specific area of a city (rather than the pins being in the centre).
• Add to ‘Sort by’ dropdown- Start date/ Distance from home/ Length of stay (e.g. 3+ nights).

MANAGING LISTINGS:
• Include a new page where you could see information/ the application status of multiple sits at a glance- please see mock up:

Could include:

• Application status (colour coded)
  • Picture scroll (after looking at the main listing, this would help remind you which one it was)
  • Link to full listing
  • Link to messages
  • Yes/ Maybe buttons
  • Drop down: Favourite/ Archive/ Delete
  • Drop down: Application status/ Yes or maybe/ Start date/ Distance/ Length of stay

(This could be instead of ‘My Favourites’ and ‘My Housesits’)

Hope you don’t mind me sharing my thoughts.

Best wishes,
Cat

2 Likes

Hi @Hooman
A warm welcome to the forum. I hope you continue to enjoy the interaction from all our wonderful members.

I will be moving your topic to another thread … Search filter / Website - Wish List as then we can keep all these ideas and wish lists together.

Best Wishes
Therese

1 Like

Hi All. I have edited the title slightly to include @Hooman wish list too.
Hi @Ben- for you to keep your eye on these suggestions/wish lists too.