Sharing house sit guidance chores

When sitting with a partner do you have a certain role.
Mine is the early riser ,letting them out for morning relief.
Talking them for there walks .
Cooking evening meal.
Other half is the feeder general maintenance etc.
Also in charge of the remote control.

2 Likes

I’m always in charge of the pets (cats and dogs) even If we are 2 when I choose a sit abroad but more often i’m alone as I need conjugal breaks…
My husband is in charge of shopping (I’m obliged to go with him as he does not speak any foreign language) and cooking, as he does every day at home.
We both clean the day we leave, Vincent is a feminist. He’s born on the 8th of march (international day for women, it may explain …)
He’s in charge of the poultry because he used to have hens in his prior life with another wife. I’m an ex parisian, I do not know hens !! And I don’t like them much…
I’m the one who talk to the owners, to send pictures, who think about gifts and ask for feed backs.
Add (after Brigitte’s post below). I’m the one who rent and drive a rental car abroad as my husband does not understand what is written on the signs If it is not in french. But i take a GPS as i’m very bad with directions.

3 Likes

Hi !
I petsit most of the time with a friend. Not always the same one. I organise and apply to the sit.
We share everything related to the animals or agree on who is going to get up first. We also share all the cleaning chores.
BUT: I am not the one to rely on for directions. I may end up in the wrong city. And I prefer to let the other one do most of the driving if she doesnt’mind.
Voilà.

1 Like

Am so like you Brigitte .
Hubby said am the only person he knows to go round around about 3 times.
But am just making sure am on the right exit

2 Likes

We share pretty much all the duties. Chris does the driving and anything to do with tech, Suze does most of the communication. Otherwise all pet/house care duties are shared. The only exception is when there are multiple dogs, Chris always gets the younger, more playful one and Suze gets the older, more chilled ones!

3 Likes

Thats team work

1 Like