Sharing house sit guidance chores

When sitting with a partner do you have a certain role.
Mine is the early riser ,letting them out for morning relief.
Talking them for there walks .
Cooking evening meal.
Other half is the feeder general maintenance etc.
Also in charge of the remote control.

2 Likes

Hi !
I petsit most of the time with a friend. Not always the same one. I organise and apply to the sit.
We share everything related to the animals or agree on who is going to get up first. We also share all the cleaning chores.
BUT: I am not the one to rely on for directions. I may end up in the wrong city. And I prefer to let the other one do most of the driving if she doesnt’mind.
Voilà.

2 Likes

Am so like you Brigitte .
Hubby said am the only person he knows to go round around about 3 times.
But am just making sure am on the right exit

2 Likes

We share pretty much all the duties. Chris does the driving and anything to do with tech, Suze does most of the communication. Otherwise all pet/house care duties are shared. The only exception is when there are multiple dogs, Chris always gets the younger, more playful one and Suze gets the older, more chilled ones!

4 Likes

Thats team work

1 Like

My husband has never actually seen a cat litter tray…

4 Likes

I’m the one applying for sits & updating owners during the sit.

We both take care equal care of the animals, though if there’s poultry involved, my partner usually does that. He usually does all the driving while I navigate

He gets up the 1st to walk the dogs while I make their/our breakfast.

We both cook & clean.

2 Likes

We share most of the work the same way we do at home. Hubby drives the rental cars, I cook, we shop together, and we do yard work together, although he usually cuts the grass and does any heavier work. We almost always walk dogs, feed pets etc together. If a pet is an early riser, we sometimes take turns getting up. I am definitely the techie and do most of the contact with home owners. We both clean the house.

3 Likes

I apply for the sits, communicate with the owners and send updates. I do the cooking.

My husband usually drives. We both clean, often the children help. We all walk the dogs.

In order for the boys to understand the responsibilities that go with pet ownership / pet care, we have a rule that whoever is holding the lead should be the one to pick up the poop! Otherwise they’d want to walk the dogs all the time and I’d be the one doing all the poop picking!

7 Likes

Haha, brilliant rule about the poop-picking!!

2 Likes

Brilliant Debbie

1 Like