Signs of the times

I enjoy looking at advertising in different countries - signs, menus, posters even graffiti.
Often the meaning or subject in a foreign language can mean something completely different, or the English spelling or meaning is not quite there. I have loads, here are a couple to start with.

In Yokohama, Japan.

From a park in Singapore.

6 Likes

The longest Train station name outside of Wales.
“Is this the train to…” In Johor Bahru, Malaysia.

6 Likes

How many mistakes can you make with the word Smoothy? (Vietnam)

7 Likes

And for those who are curious, here’s the one in Wales - shorted by locals to just Llanfair.

DSC01200

9 Likes

Graffiti in an underpass of a motorway in southern Spain. Dark and dangerous but that’s how some people’s life’s are.

3 Likes

Dare me? At the National Stadium in Singapore.

6 Likes

I’ve got some great graffiti on the beach shacks in Canggu, Bali, will find it later.

2 Likes

Not really sure why those 2 government departments are together. Singapore.

5 Likes

Some of the graffiti we have seen on our travels rival the stuff in the prestigious art galleries.

2 Likes

Huge billboard in Amsterdam

They see me coming

6 Likes

Coffee shop in Chaing Mai, Thailand. Not today, thanks.

5 Likes

And finally for tonight. One for the Canadians. On a fence in Canggu, Bali.

4 Likes

Sign on a liquor store in Watkins Glen, New York, home of the world famous auto racetrack.

6 Likes

Businesses in the town of Bull in New-Zealand making fun of its name.

7 Likes

A couple from China! 5 people consume 1 person free :rofl: :rofl:

4 Likes

Umm, shortened, usually, to ‘‘Llanfair PG’’: the PG is VERY IMPORTANT!!
This is because there are COUNTLESS villages throughout Wales called ‘Llanfair’ (Church of St Mary).

1 Like

Thank you for the correction @LTD. It’s been a while since I’ve been there and I forgot that important part. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Seminyak, Bali.

4 Likes

A sign near my home in Switzerland that caught my eye:

“Careful - Falling Goats”. It’s next to a bridge that the goats like to fight over. I haven’t seen a falling goat yet but I have seen a goat trying to push another one off the side.

7 Likes

Something for everyone!

8 Likes