SITTER NO LONGER NEEDED! Santa Fe New Mexico Dec 19 - Jan 2

Dates: Dec 19 - Jan 2
listing#312231
Request:
I have been meaning to join the site for so long. Perhaps this first request won’t work out since there are only a few days until we go away but worth asking …
Anyone want to stay at a yummy house one mile from downtown Santa Fe and 30 mins straight up the hill to the Santa Fe Ski Basin over the holidays? We have one easy and very funny cat who could use the company :slight_smile: We will be opening up several weeks this coming March (and more as we know our travel dates).
All the best and Happy Holidays! Leslie and John

5 Likes

Welcome @lslindell
Absolutely beautiful there. Not this time for me but best wishes on some great things ahead.

1 Like

Thank you! I am excited to be part of the community now :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Welcome, Leslie.
I sure wish I could help!
I miss my own hilarious cat. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I’ll definitely apply for your March sit though. :raising_hand_woman:

Happy Holidays!

1 Like

Hi. You are in a place that I enjoy visiting, but unfortunately current travel limitations are keeping me in Canada.

You might want to add a link to your listing in your forum username, to make it easier for forum members to find your listings. Here are the instructions.

You might want to try searching sitters near where you live and connecting with those people. We always suggest to newer sitters to start close to home. I hope all goes well for you.

2 Likes

AH! Thank you for these tips!! I am excited to learn more and become an active member of the group. Happy holidays to you!

2 Likes

Hi! The listing you include in your profile does not work.

2 Likes

Hi @lslindell and we are glad you found both TrustedHousesitters and our community forum! Never say never… and let’s hope we can help find you a last minute sitter for Christmas… but most certainly I’m sure you’ll have no problems finding someone to look after gorgeous Iggy as your travel plans for 2022 unfold.

I’ve taken the liberty of uploading the correct link to your listing as per @Katie 's observation, and you’ve already been warmly welcomed by some of our active members! But if you need any further help don’t hesitate to ask. All the best, Vanessa

2 Likes

thanks for the heads up!

Thank you so much Vanessa! I am already so impressed with all of the kind words and offers! Happy to be here :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Hi. I see that you’ve changed your heading, and I’m pleased to see that you must have been successful. Do you realize that your listing is still active? I’m not sure whether you found someone outside of THS, or just haven’t taken the step to confirm your sitter here. I just thought I’d bring it to your attention.

1 Like

Welcome Leslie and John. We love Santa Fe and spent an amazing week in the fall in a wonderful Airbnb casita that was a converted art studio. I am sure your 2022 sits will attract lots of candidates. I see by your heading that you no longer need a Christmas sitter. Glad you found someone. happy holidays!

1 Like

Congratulations and very well done on acquiring your sitter on such notice @lslindell
Woohoo!

2 Likes

Learning as I go and thank you so much! I landed on a drop-in pet sitter outside of the site for this trip. I panicked and needed to lock something in for my peace of mind but then received three offers! Live and learn on my part. Thank you for the hand holding on all of this … should I delete the post?

2 Likes

It’s understandable that you considered all options. Please make sure you decline the three who applied. If you haven’t done that already, you can add a note to the message, before the decline.

You can put a hold on the listing, if you’re at all unsure about your plans. If you’re absolutely sure that you no longer need the listing, then it would be good to remove it, so as not to confuse others looking for opportunities.

As I’m not a homeowner on this site, I don’t see the options available to you. If you have any issues with doing any steps, come back and ask and probably a homeowner will step in, if @Vanessa-Admin or @Angela-CommunityManager are not available to step you through it.

2 Likes

Hi @lslindell we are so glad that you have managed to arrange care for your pets you do need to go into your account and delete the dates to remove your listing from being active, if you need help with this please let me know. Thanks also to @Snowbird for some great support.

I am going to close this topic now as you are no longer in need of a sitter. Have a safe and happy trip and thank you for being part of our amazing community.