Strange bed fellows indeed!

Lilly the cat ‘watching over’ Brioche the Hamster at Bristol…hoping that he will make another escape from his castle…up at 2am sorting it out…give me dogs every time…this Hamster has now been renamed ’ Houdini’ as I cannot for the life of me see how he is worming out of his enclave towards certain doom! Live long and prosper little Hamster!

6 Likes

Oh my … yes there’s something to be said for having Purrfect pet control … hamsters are master escape artists … does this quote sound familiar?

"In fact, I can’t tell you how many owners I’ve met who have named their hamster “Houdini.” Good luck

1 Like

Yes they r escape artists!:joy:

1 Like

Oh dear, “up at 2am sorting it out”! A sitter’s life is certainly not all fun and games. Did you choose the sit or did the HO choose you? Bristol is a great city to explore though. Enjoy it, if you’re not too tired from the night shift!

3 Likes

There are so many microbreweries, and so much delicious street food in Bristol, we love it.

2 Likes

@Diggy thanks for the encouragement! Finally rounded the critter up and have since worked out its escape plan…and closed it down! I chose the sit and the HO confirmed. I like working with different animals and had not looked after Hamsters before. Its interesting that its not always how big and strong the animal is to test us out…these little fellas are real escape artists and with a cat here also, its been a challenge! Happy days and yes Bristol is a great city!

1 Like

@JackieX yes its a real buzz of a city! I am close to the harbour and thats a great walking circuit. I went up across the Clifton suspension bridge yesterday and when the sun comes out, I will take the bus to Pill and walk back along the Avon River gorge. I am taking myself on a self guided Banksy walk today if it ever stops raining!

1 Like

Thanks Angela that information about how to stop Hamsters escaping was really useful. I doubt I will take on another Hamster sit though where there is also a cat in the family!

1 Like

That’s a fab place to be, I’m salivating thinking of all the food nearby!
We have friends we regularly visit and sit for in Easton in Gordano, just next to Pill, great bus service and good walk.
Have you discovered The Bag of Nails yet? Bristol’s very own cat pub… Good beer, and many cats, if they want to be there! Think we saw 4 when we were last in!

Well done for a positive approach and the Banksy tour is a “must do”. It’s due to stop raining … apparently.

1 Like

Thanks @JackieX i will definitely look out for that cat pub…a good tip!

1 Like

I cannot add any advice, but I wanted to thank you for the laugh! Good luck!!!

2 Likes

sure? I know a really nice sit in the Netherlands with very spoilt hammy. :slight_smile: :rofl:

1 Like

@Maggie any cats involved?

one very grumpy cat with her own very, very strict rules (unfortunately look but don’t touch, rescue with a big backpack as we say here in the netherlands :slight_smile:

@Maggie thanks Maggie but I would not forgive myself if that Hamster got out on my watch and the cat got it! I would look after cats and hamsters at any time but not together! Thanks anyway and have a nice day.

haha CD could tell you how laid back owner is (she has had many, many cats and numerous hammy’s) so has many good and less pleasant experiences with the two(and personal. ones as well). Like me, I have. a permanently stiff index finger from getting chomped by one of my own hammys as a teenager).
But we do enjoy looking after the furry things at the end of the day.

1 Like