Stuff I lost Housesitting

I think I left at least one sock at every sit this summer. I laundered everything yesterday (after moving into a new home) and still have 8 unmatched socks I had before housesitting in May.
“dear socks, I miss you”
missing sock

I had a sitter once leave a very nice sun hat, I asked if she would like me to mail it to her but she just said let the next sitter have it :smile: . One sitter once forgot their underwear in our dryer…so your sock and the the other sitters hat was certainly and upgrade from that :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I’ve forgotten my sandals before, but luckily I remembered to grab my socks and underwear from the dryer haha.

Eight unmatched socks can make four new pairs!

3 Likes

Hi @Colonelmann I’m seeing a new fashion trend here…you could be onto something! Mismatched petsitters! LOL

1 Like

I left my mac in a pac at one house and the HO kindly posted it to me a few weeks later. I did, however, have to buy another one in the interim. I almost left without my electric toothbrush at another sit but fortunately, the HO spotted it before I left. My husband lost his computer power cord at one home. It was such an unpleasant sit, we chose to cut the loss rather than initiate additional contact with the HO. He bought another one.

1 Like

The main item I usually lose is chargers! One homeowner found my husband’s underwear underneath his bed - luckily we’ve sat for these homeowners six times and they are now friends so we all had a good chuckle :slight_smile:

I once had a sitter who forgot three or four pairs of shoes (that would be one shoes for each of your socks). I don’t understand how she didn’t notice, especially since shoes take up so much space in a suitcase. We agreed to mail them at her expense.

1 Like

The joke is my husbands hat. He wears a very specific leather hat- think Australian cowboy! That hat has travelled through the postal systems of so many countries I’ve lost count. He keeps leaving it behind and our lovely pet owners always post it in onwards for us.

2 Likes

We once left a nice rain(hiking) jacket. But boy, did that jacket give us grief from the start. I bought it for hubby, while on a trip to Italy. Turns out it was a
size too small, so my Italian friend offered to go there and exchange it, so the jacket got posted to her. Then back to us. Then more issues, can’t remember exactly what. Then we forgot it at a housesit. I was actually glad - clearly it wasn’t meant for us. I told the home owner to please donate it and she said she knew just the people that needed it. Hopefully they have much better luck with that piece of clothing than we did!

3 Likes

@botvot, it’s amazing how things work out sometimes!

1 Like