Travel Update: Canada PCR or antigen test requirements

I believe the VeriFly app is currently only used by American Airlines and British Airways and their affiliates. Delta, for instance, uses Delta FlyReady.

When I flew Air Canada to the US, I was required to upload various documents (vaccine receipts, PCR test) when checking in on line, but was still asked for paper documents at the gate.

1 Like

Today, March 16, 2022, Canada has announced that it will be dropping mandatory PCR or antigen tests for fully vaccinated travellers entering the country as of April 1, 2022. See the CBC news item here:
CBC news
or in French, here:
Nouvelles de Radio-Canada

I’m happy about that. It will make my return home that much easier in June.

1 Like

:dancer::dancer::partying_face::partying_face: This makes life much easier & may make applying for sits up in :canada: heaps easier. Looking forward to seeing my family later this year​:heart:

3 Likes

And cheaper!

1 Like

This is wonderful, now if only the US would get on board with it too.

1 Like

Actually, no COVID-19 testing is required for entry by land into the US for fully vaccinated travellers. Were you thinking of something else, BlueDiamondRose?
See U.S. Department of Homeland Security

I was referring to by air.
https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/traveladvisories/ea/requirements-for-air-travelers-to-the-us.html

1 Like

I suspect the US will drop it soon too.

1 Like

Thanks for the info on mandatory testing for air travel to the US, BlueDiamondRose. I wasn’t aware of that. Thankfully I will be travelling by land to my next sit in the US.

1 Like

I’m going to move this to the existing thread about COVID testing for Canada …

2 Likes

But it’s only the Antigen test, not an expensive PCR Test! Here in Germany the test required for flying to the US is even free of charge.