Unread applications and non responses

I’m a sitter too but would just like to throw this into the mix.

I applied for a sit and and the lady responded ‘Thank you but I have already secured a sitter. Such a shame because I really would have liked to have met you…maybe next time’
I replied ‘thank you for letting me know so quickly’ and moved on. A day or so later the lady came back to me said her arranged sitter had pulled out and offered me the sit.
Great, BUT in the interim the whole world had responded to her listing and she really didn’t/doesn’t have the tech skills to navigate through and reply to so many messages. In responding to me she managed to delete her own message four times and eventually also managed to delete the listing.
Thankfully she had sent her home number so I chatted to her over the phone and confirmed dates and start times and put her at ease. All was then well except that the listing was deleted before she hit the confirm sit option!

Enter THS support JAMES on his shining white charger :racehorse: … ok no horse but you get the idea…He went through the messages, translated where he had to and finally when he was sure every thing was in order confirmed the sit on her behalf.
My world (and HO’s) is in balance again.

So a very long winded way of saying that sometimes it simply becomes too difficult for some people to navigate the site easily enough to answer every message and it’s not always because the HO is lacking in manners.

A big shout out to James for resolving the issue :blue_heart: :horse:

19 Likes