Vaccine passport

What is your thoughts on them

2 Likes

I don’t think there should be one to be used in your own country - to go to the pub, cinema, event etc.

However, I understand the need for them if you want to travel to another country, possibly one that has had a better “result” to the pandemic than your own country - so it should be used only on entry to a country - like a passport !!

Most of my sits are in SE Asia, and I can’t wait to get back.
Thailand, Indonesia, Singapore, Vietnam, Malaysia - I have done several sits in all and regularly travel across borders air.

Vietnam claims to have been one of the most successful or had least cases in the world, so you can understand they would insist on some kind of vaccine passport.

Thailand and Indonesia(Bali) have had their economies devastated by the lack of tourists for over a year, and are desperate to get the economies moving again, so some kind of vaccine passport would speed up the process of getting people back.

Both Thailand (Phuket) and Bali are planning to open up limited areas to tourist in July, I will be keeping a close eye on what is required and will travel as soon as I can.

3 Likes

There are also various discussions on what the vaccine actually does.
Can you still catch covid, pass it on, get ill - if you have the vaccine.
I think travel insurance may become compulsory soon, along with a vaccine passport, and will probably be more expensive.

3 Likes

There is a big movement in France against that type of passport and people seem to fear we are under the eye of Big brother, but we already are followed with our mobiles and our credit cars which tell what we buy, where we are, minute by minute (+ the GAFA infos we give)

When I went to Peru I was obliged to show my vaccine against yellow fever, I did not complain

I will be so pleased to be vaccinated against Covid I shall not give a damn showing a passport if I may go to restaurants and movies again showing it

I loose my papers, my keys quite often (in reality I never loose them, I find them 2 days after having gone to the police and told them I had lost them… )
If I could I would love to be chipped in order to open my home without any keys…

3 Likes

I agree with a vaccine passport to travel outside our country. This would put a stop to the anti vaccine people who thinks there is a fake pandemic.
Fine, The choice is theirs and comes with consequences.

5 Likes

If countries are smart, they’re going to be required. Proof of vaccines have already been required or highly recommended by many countries in pre-covid times by countries with known serious infectious diseases. I’m guessing any push back to show a vaccine passport is by folks with passport privilege (they rarely face restrictions when traveling), who are new to the idea of a vaccine passport and/or have not had anyone close to them seriously affected by covid-19.

Any hassle or inconvenience of getting a vaccine is far, far outweighed by either a) dying b) having long term effects c) passing it on to someone else (of course, you might not know this if you don’t present symptoms). I’ve been through my father struggling with long term effects of covid since March 2020, and I truly don’t think people realize that death statistics only show so much - “covid long haulers” are very real and it’s not a situation you want to be in or put others in. Can’t wait to get my shot!!

5 Likes

The idea can’t really be discussed seriously down here in Oz as there are too many stuff ups happening w our vax rollout :roll_eyes:.

My dr nor any others at the clinic has recieved thiers. We may recieve ours in November. As long as international travellers coming to Oz still have to do 14 days quarantine,our borders stay closed & our cases only come from hotel quarantine, that suits me just fine.

I’ve no issues with the varying Aus state covid check-in apps to a cafe,etc as feel confident with the contract tracing.

2 Likes

Australia has My Health Record, where your doctors and pharmacists can, with your permission, record your medications, vaccinations, and any other information that you think would be useful to have in one accessible place.

2 Likes

The reality is that many airlines could request them. I don’t mind but I would advise all be careful which vaccine you take. I make sure it’s on the IATA list. Some are not and while it helps protect you, you want your freedom to travel. Will have my first jab in May. Can’t wait for both to be done! Good luck!

3 Likes

Being anti-vaxxer and not wanting the COVID vaccine at this stage are not the same thing. And not wanting the COVID vaccine (that people are still catching COVID with), doesn’t mean you think the pandemic is fake. I’m happy to show a negative PCR test to fly, but I’m not keen to be rammed with MRNA vaccines without longer term effect studies.

4 Likes

You are right @zoemac. This is two things. And by writing my opinion I Knew there would be a chance of reactions. I will stop it here as this forum is not meant for controversy. Hope the governments will find a way to protect the population the best way possible. :mask:

2 Likes

Got mine ( Pzeifer) April 1st. Second shot scheduled for July 22nd. :grinning:

7 Likes

How you feeling Brigett

2 Likes

Fine. Thank you. And you ?
Spring is here. Unusual warm weather up to near 20ish makes it easier. Fisrt picknick to come in a park with a friend tomorrow.
:mask::mask:

3 Likes

Second Pfizer vaccine should be three weeks later, not three months? Are you sure you understood the return date?

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum @trekker954 thank you for joining in the conversation, it’s great to have you here.

Angela & The Team

Depends on where you live. In BC (Canada) we likely won’t get our second dose for 3-4 months. They want to vaccinate everyone in the province with their first jab before starting on second.

1 Like

Hi @Kelownagurl . We are in the same situation in Ontario. My friend who works in a hospital got her first shot. Ten days later, she tested positive for Covid and is now quarantined at home. I wonder if there is a system keeping track of these cases.

1 Like

Yes. Thank you. July 22nd is the right date.

2 Likes

Wow. I think the vaccine needs something like three weeks to have its full effect. Ontario is having a hard time currently. We are not too far behind you.

1 Like