Vaccine passport

It seems we are not the only country struggling with Vaccine rollout. On a positive note, this experience with serve as a lesson for the… next pandemic!?!

1 Like

Oh MY, I had no idea that different countries were doing it so differently. I thought it was the manufacturers recommendations. It is so interesting to learn about this. I miss traveling abroad and cruising so much. I’m sticking to a vacation in Yellowstone this year. I only just started sitting again, back in my own state of Florida.

4 Likes

Hopefully 2 weeks to my next 1
We have actually volunteered in different research
Which will take place end of September.
Just have to see if we have been picked.
Anything to help others

2 Likes

My second vaccine is today. Happy to have it, and we welcome a covid vaccine passport.

3 Likes

Am sure you are relieved :relieved:

1 Like

Hopefully now everyone will obey the rules .
Travel will be different slowly but surely

Go back to what we miss most

The love of pets.

Great Topic
There will be many different opinions on a vaccine passport.
I agree with @Petermac I don’t think it should be necessary to have one for your own country.
Having one to allow easier entry into another country is something I probably would be in agreement with.
The covid vaccine might end up being similar to the flu vaccine in that possibly required every year but we don’t really know too early to tell. Depends if the antibodies start to become less with time.
It only protects against - doesn’t stop you getting it, if you do catch it then your symptoms would have much less impact and probably less life threatening.
Here ends the science /health lecture :rofl:

2 Likes

I’d personally be OK with having a vaccine passport. My husband and I have both had our first vaccines (Astra Zeneca) due to our work. My second vaccine should have been this Friday but it has been moved to 2 weeks later. The latest policy is to give the doses 12 weeks apart in our county (in UK).

However as there is currently no vaccine available for children, would this mean we could travel but they can’t? It could also discriminate against those unable to be vaccinated for medical / health reasons, particularly if used domestically.

We have no plans to travel abroad this year, so we’ll wait and see how it develops.

3 Likes

I’m gonna guess that if there’s no vaccine available for kids, they won’t make mandatory vaccine passports for kids.

2 Likes

Well I don’t understand : I got the first shot of Pfizer on saturday (10 th of april) and the 2nd shot is in a month time. Why do wait more ?? July seems very far…

The paper they gave me does not look at all official, I wonder whether airlines or customs will accept that !! No name of doctor, just the one of the nurse, no adress on the paper. Very strange, does not look like a passport (it’s not in fact) so I hope vaccine passports will show up soon.

I miss, like all of us, restaurants, cinemas, travelling.

1 Like

I guess, each country decides the way they want to manage the vaccination. Quebec has decided to stretch to the maximum the date for the second injection so most of the population can receive a first shot. We are at the 50 years old and + right now in the Montreal area.

1 Like

France is very late. And slow… But people over 55 now can be vaccinated too. I’m much older ! But if I could manage to be vaccinated it’s because nurses manage to vaccine 7 persons with a bottle made for 6 !!! In nursing homes for elderly. They called me to benefit

1 Like

Canada is in an unfortunate position when it comes to vaccines. The decision has been made to get the 1st dose into as many people as possible, as that provides the most protection, so they have to stretch the time until the second one out. It is not ideal but it is unfortunately the position we are in.

2 Likes

My sister in law got hers 5 days before me.
But am getting mine a week before her.

1 Like

Got my second Moderna on April 1, I’ll be fully vaccinated on Thursday. The hubs and I are feeling like it’s Rumspringa. We haven’t travelled, haven’t gone to restaurants, haven’t seen family – we feel like we can do it all now! I am ready to housesit, get on a plane, or go to a restaurant. We’re expecting to be limited to the US for a while because of other countries’ not allowing entry, but even just being able to travel here is a treat!

3 Likes

Just read that the Johnson vaccine ( one shot deal) has been stopped because of possibility of thrombosis .

@Brigitte Thank you … statement just released

Johnson & Johnson has announced it will ‘proactively delay’ the rollout their vaccine in Europe after six cases of a rare type of blood clot were reported. In a statement, the company said: ‘Out of an abundance of caution, the CDC and FDA have recommended a pause in the use of our vaccine. ‘In addition, we have been reviewing these cases with European health authorities. We have made the decision to proactively delay the rollout of our vaccine in Europe."

Read more: Covid vaccine: Johnson & Johnson announces jab rollout delay in Europe | Metro News

Twitter: https://twitter.com/MetroUK | Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MetroUK/

1 Like

All vaccinations in the UK are currently 11 or 12 weeks apart. I think it was specifically done to enable as many people as possible to get the first dose. Seems to be working well so far.

4 Likes

No problem with having a vaccine passport at all.

2 Likes