Weekly Check In - Where In The World Are You?

I remember taking the train “The Pacific Surfliner” along the coast from LA to San Diego. Beautiful area. Enjoy !

3 Likes

Yes! The Surfliner and the Coaster run near the house (we’re just 3 blocks from the beach!). It’s an amazing area and our third sit here. We absolutely love the area, Bailey (a lab/chow mix) is adorable and the homeowners have become family :grinning:

3 Likes

@ScrewTheAverage one of my favourite locations too and the train from LA to SD is the only way to travel, will never ever do LAX - SAN again.

2 Likes

Snow today on Provence, quite rare phenomenon to observe… Comparison with the photo taken 5 days ago is funny

Lucky you are @ScrewTheAverage to be on the beach in California,

2 Likes

We definitely appreciate the warmer weather and a sunny beach, however 'tis the season for snow :snowflake:. We hope you enjoy the rare occurrence @Provence!

2 Likes

But it looks so pretty @Provence, thank you for sharing.

1 Like

This is just one of the beaches round Newcastle(home). I love watching pelicans sit and preen themselves on lamp posts by the sea :slightly_smiling_face:, surfers catching a wave or a dolphin spelunking in the harbour.

4 Likes

Walking today through Montréal Botanical garden.

5 Likes

In Spain with these two cheeky beagles :paw_prints: :two_hearts:

5 Likes

Hello everyone…
Starting tomorrow until Feb 8th we have, in Quebec, Canada a curfew from 20:00-5:00. This is new to us. Dog’s owners are allowed to walk their furry friend though during that curfew, within 1km from home.
Virus is not slowing down. We can’t visit anyone but at least it’s fine to take a walk with another person outside of our family. We also must work from home as much possible.
Is Corona getting weaker in other parts of the world ? I know Oceania did a very good job I believe ,so did the east part of Canada, after closing their boundaries to the rest of the country.
Picture: Automne in Eastern township, Québec.

Witch countries are doing good ?.

1 Like

Curfew was already on in France since december… In my region it was from 20h (8 pm) until 6 . Now it’s from 18 (6 pm) until 6 am…

People were not reasonable at Xmas. This is the result

Lockdown again in the east of France. cinemas, theaters, restaurants closed since novembre in the country But churches are ok. Why ? The risk is the same.

2 Likes

It all depends on the day here in Australia & it’s like a soap opera :roll_eyes:.

Should you feel like following the daily ABC blog Coronavirus Australia news: Streets deserted in Brisbane as city continues COVID-19 lockdown, records no new cases - ABC News

www.watoday.com.au
www.smh.com.au
www.brisbanetimes.com.au

Enjoy :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Just wondering : where in the world, is the situation getting better ?

1 Like

Looking forward … some inspirational travel reading

@Brigitte, in Finland. They are OK

1 Like

Merci, ça donne espoir

Ils sont peu nombreux, leur pays est vaste et vide, ils sont civiques, respectent les consignes et ont l’habitude de se tenir à distance les uns des autres. Ils rigolent quand on parle de respecter 1,50m, eux ne se saluent depuis toujours que de plus loin, sans beaucoup se toucher, sans se prendre dans les bras ni s’embrasser. Résultat ? peu de contaminations…

1 Like

Not sure where we all our.
Don’t matter Provence.
Our hearts :two_hearts: our with you both.
Everyone will understand
Hugs and kisses from Northern Ireland. Xxxx

1 Like