What About Poor Old Blighty?

Original cradle of THS but seemingly consistently overlooked for those punnily named events that are held in the US. I know it’s damp, chilly & gloomy right now but we are the originators of village fairs and WI teas; surely we can host an event here in the nation of dog lovers?

2 Likes

And wouldn’t Cheltenham be an excellent place to host one? Or could take out a stall at the dog show that usually happens in the summer in Pittville Park….

4 Likes

Hi @Saltrams over the years and in pre forum days, we’ve had many events in the UK in collaboration and support of non profit partners all of which have involved our company team and community members including fundraising events and helping with projects, even running marathons and half marathons.

We will be holding more community events and helping to facilitate many more member meetups in 2023 …

2 Likes

That’s great news @Angela-HeadOfCommunity. I’d love to go to one; maybe even help out if wanted…unless I’m off on a sit somewhere!

1 Like

I’d be glad to help out but don’t plan to be back in Blighty until April 2024! :flushed:

Thank you both for volunteering … As I said there have been many events but one that comes to mind is an amazing feat by Peter Holst our member from Australia who cycled solo from London to Pairs with no support, to raise funds for https://www.raystede.org/

LONDON TO PARIS IN 24 HOURS: MEMBER PETER HOLST’S CHARITY BIKE RIDE FOR RAYSTEDE CENTRE FOR ANIMAL WELFARE

2 Likes