What are you watching?

A Nearly Normal Family on Netflix.

When a 19-year-old is accused of murdering her lover, the facade of her seemingly perfect family begins to crack.

For All Mankind - :ok_hand:t3: :comet:

1 Like

I think I gave up same time as you!

True Detective: Night Country (Season 4) on Sky Atlantic. This season is set in the fictional town of Ennis, Alaska and follows the investigation behind the disappearance of eight men from a research station.

1 Like

I just watched the season finale of this yesterday @Sam_F - what a great show! How far into it are you?

1 Like

I watched the season finale last night too! :smiley:
I loved it, and completely different to all of the other seasons!

My favourite season of True Detective is still Season 1 though with Matthew McConaughey and Woody Harrelson.
@Jenny Have you seen Season 1? :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I have and I agree with you! I love anything that’s got culty vibes as well!

1 Like

We are watching the deliciously gossipy (and true), Feud: Capote versus the Swans.

2 Likes

This looks really good @Maeve and thanks for the recommendation. I am looking forward to watching it :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

“Will Trent”, on Hulu or ABC with commercials. Fun detective series!

1 Like

Apple TV series “Trying”. I saw an article about it being a show that could help with those experiencing withdrawal from “Ted Lasso”. A sweet British comedy

1 Like

Currently watching Expats on Prime Video. Set in Hong Kong, the plot looks at the personal and professional lives of a tight knit group of expatriates. The plot surrounds the disappearance of Margaret’s son during a trip to a Night Market and stars Nicole Kidman.

1 Like

We have just finished watching Anton & Giovanni’s Adventures in Spain on BBC iPlayer where they set off on a road trip across Spain, Anton’s motherland. If you are planning a trip to Spain this is a light hearted introduction to various great locations to visit. :es::slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

We just finished the brilliant ‘One Day’ on Netflix. 14 excellent 30 minute episodes following the lives of Dex and Emma, who met at University in Edinburgh and end up… well, best watch it to see.

☆☆☆☆☆

2 Likes

I loved this @Colin but just wasn’t prepared for the ending… for anyone who hasn’t seen ‘One Day’ yet, I also highly recommend.

3 Likes

We binge watched Mr Bates vs Post Office as it was incredible. A current true life story of the abominable treatment of UK postmasters & postmistresses that is still ongoing today. It’s hard to believe that the UK Government (the sole shareholder of the Post Office) has not resolved this with these victims.

3 Likes

@Colin, @Sam_F
I just finished watching ‘One Day’ as per your recommendations. Wow. Just wow.
And the music!! Thanks so much

3 Likes

It’s so good!

I loved the movie with Anne Hathway too, but I think I love the show more.

1 Like

Just finished 3 Body Problem and LOVED it. I love good sci fi tv.

Currently watching Palm Royale, and I don’t know how I feel about it. First couple of episodes are intriguin but then all the characters become annoying.

2 Likes