What cool new contraption did you discover at one of your sits?

I love those too, until I looked at the price of them. :joy: :grimacing:

1 Like

Thereā€™s an awesome Bissell floor machine here. Itā€™s cordless, has a sprayer, a buffer and does a great job, but you have to move fast because the charge doesnā€™t last long. Itā€™s not a machine but they also have this terrific electric cooktop cleaner called Weiman cooktop daily cleaner. It comes with a razor blade to scrape cooked on food off. Then you spray and wipe and the cooktop shines like new.

1 Like

I use Weiman on my new induction cooktop and itā€™s amazing. Their stainless cleaner is great too.

2 Likes

We have something similar at our current sit, but in addition to boiling water option, there is also filtered cold water and sparkling water on tap. Its called a BILLIE unit. Love it!

6 Likes

sparkling water! - I would have that for sure :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I bought an induction hob for my newly renovated kitchen after using a few on sits and really liking them.

2 Likes

We simply use the Sodastream.de for making sparkling water. Our tap water is good to drink and a bottle of sparkling water just two pushes away :rofl:
In Germany when we talk about ā€œnormalā€ water (for drinking) we mean sparkling.

2 Likes

My recent sit in Chicago was on the 23rd floor of an older building. The apartment was very modern in all aspects, but it was not initially built for a washer/dryer to be utilized in each unit. I didnā€™t realize that all the units in the building didnā€™t have a washer and dryer, however the place where I sat did have a set. Apparently itā€™s difficult for discharge water to be acclimated into the plumbing systems of older buildings. This was a unique set that had to have the water drained into a bucket after each load. Even the drier had a refuse water tank that would fill after each dryer load. Gives new meaning to the word ā€˜dryerā€™ when you can see how much moisture is pulled out of a pile of freshly laundered clothes. I found it to be an extremely efficient way to wash clothes, without having to visit a community laundry room, as I have done many year in my own residences of past years.

1 Like

Follow up: the day after I arrived home from that sit, guess what arrived at my door! My HO, now my friend, had sent he one of these egg cookers as a gift! Weā€™ve already made two batches.

6 Likes

I know itā€™s not a new thing but underfloor heating is lovely to find at a sit :slightly_smiling_face:.

5 Likes

When I lived in Sta Monica, my apt had radiant floor heat. I was told to turn it on at my own risk because the bill would be astronomical. I never did. This was a long time ago, maybe it is more economical now?

No clue about radiant heatersā€¦I only know how to use the timer setting for our bathroom floor heating & only use it early am.

2 Likes

Is that the same as ā€œunderfloor heatingā€ @mars

I guess it depends on the type of floor heating. Thereā€™s the electric heating, where just a certain part of the floor warms up and then thereā€™s the one where water is heated and flows in pipes underneath the tiles. Usually the first one is used for heating bathroom floors and the spot isnā€™t large whereas the other one heats all of the house and is laid underneath all the floors in the house. With this one no other kind of heating is necessary. I actually donā€™t like it, because it reacts very slowly and when I am cold I want to be able to change the room temperature quickly. Floor heating takes up to 24 hrs to adjust.

Yes @Vanessa_A. I had electric underfloor heating not the hot water underfloor heating @anon39388349 describes. Because heat is not needed much in Santa Monica, I guess they installed the most expedient, not the most economical type. I did fine without ever turning it on. Air conditioning was only needed for about two weeks of the year there too because the weather was close to perfect. I didnā€™t have a/c but I really missed it during those two weeks.

1 Like

My current homeowners have a hand-held Bissell Pet Hair Eraser. It has a powerful motor that gets the job done. This would have come in handy in a couple of homes I sat in that had so much pet hair on the upholstered furniture I only sat on kitchen chairs there.

1 Like

For me it is a SautƩ Soup Maker. Compact and efficient and delicious, freshly prepared soup (smooth or chunky) in minutes.
It helps with incorporating more veggies in to our diet and no additives.

2 Likes

I have to be so careful, I only live in a little one bed flat and I hate cluttered surfaces so I have to be careful what I end up buying after falling in love with contraptions on sits.

Iā€™d never used an air fryer before my first sit, and since I had some John Lewis vouchers to spend I brought one! Never regretted it.

Have also been tempted by a sodastream, and loved the boiling water taps! Iā€™m always tempted by a proper expensive coffee machine every time I use one for a week!

3 Likes

Ahā€¦I love the rapid egg cooker and we now travel with our own if driving to a sit. Dash also makes a cute individual waffle maker that is easy to travel with. Think Eggo waffle but you control the ingredients.

1 Like

I thought it said contraception at first :rofl::rofl::rofl: