What do you take with you for every sit?

No ! :rofl::rofl: It was that sit I had to buy a topper on line as neither of us could stand the mattress. It was very expensive too! :joy:

I pondered what name to use & this popped into my head. I enjoy running (road & trail) and voila…

I did a wee search & you indeed can get these coffee things in the uk. Handy should we venture that way again!

4 Likes

When we’re doing UK sits or European with the car, we take absolutely everything! Including a couple of sharp knives, potato peeler, can opener, (some we’ve come across need a book of instructions…), but the most important is an HDMI cable to link the laptop to the TV for watching Sky and/or BT Sports in those homes without it.

6 Likes

Oh, yes, I had forgotten about the HDMI cable. That’s another.

3 Likes

it totally depends on how we are getting to the sit!! If we are starting from our current base and driving the list is long and includes all the things that make a sit far more enjoyable. I love to cook so some kitchen basics, my Thermomix and some other favourite kitchen appliances, including the soda stream. Our upcoming sits are part of our train and bicycle exploration on New South Wales, Australia so we will only have the basics and no favourite kitchen appliances.

5 Likes

Oh yes the potato peeler :joy:and of course those cables. I haven’t dared mention the Chromecast, Firestick, Tablet, etc. Then of course there are the innumerable prescription meds. Good to hear we aren’t the only ones who don’t travel light . If you’re away for a month or so it does get tricky! :relaxed:

4 Likes

It seems that although we love our sits many of us do miss the special things that are personal to us and that make life easier.

At my age now if I had the choice I would take my iGel mattress and Stressless adjustable chair. :relaxed:Anything else I could leave behind. Unfortunately I’ve found these two things very important to me. A month in a bad bed or chair does take its toll. A shame because years ago I could sleep on the floor! :joy:

5 Likes

Since we haven’t owned a house for about 3 yrs now we travel full-time with 3 suitcases of our clothes and other various things. Our favorite items are:

-Stainless steel French press for coffee in the morning
-Our “My Pillow” pillows with 600 count pillowcase for a comfortable night’s sleep
-An Apple TV box so we can watch just about anything we want

5 Likes

Hello @quietretiredcouple and welcome to our community forum, thank you so much for your great introduction and insight into your TrustedHousesitters pet sitting adventures, we love the sound of your train and bicycle voyage of discovery, no room for the kitchen sink there :))

Thank you again and enjoy the conversations and connecting with members from all over the world.

Angela & The Team

1 Like

My camera! I love taking photos, and pets are my models!

5 Likes

Wow… I saw your title and the first two things I thought of were my chef’s knife and my ziploc bag of spices… !!

4 Likes

Great Minds Think Alike! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Running shorts and shoes. I’m slow but I it allows me to have more calories that don’t go straight to my hips.

3 Likes

Hi @HI.Swimmer welcome to our community forum and thank you for sharing your great about keeping the calories off …

Enjoy connecting with other members, sharing more tips, experiences and stories.

Welcome again!

Angela & The Team

1 Like

For me it has to be Teabags and black pepper grinder, together with my yoga mat and if it’s a remote location by car, my telescope

4 Likes

This strand made me laugh! When we changed our car last year one of the criteria for the new one was a larger boot so we could fit all our pet sitting stuff in. Pillows, bedding, half the kitchen, various bits of IT… I could go on. We do like to be comfortable!

6 Likes

Some day I’d like to do a housesit that I could drive to from home. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It’s a blessing and a curse :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Teabags and favourite shower gel !

2 Likes

I’m very much a minimalist, but I must have coffee. In case the HO isn’t a coffee drinker, I have to be prepared.

I buy the Nescafe single serving instant packets. Trader Joe’s has the packets that include creamer and sugar. So I take one packet of each kind and make a strong cup of coffee. Not always the tastiest, but it’s caffeine and it works if that’s my only option.

4 Likes