What to do after confirming the sit

Hello,
I have a first sit on this site and no idea what to do after you agree for housesit ? Does the host need to confirm the sit on the site? Do they need to provide a house rules, pet schedule etc beforehand? Thank you.

1 Like

Hi @Denisa79 welcome to our community Forum and congratulations on securing your first pet and housesit. The owner will need to confirm you as their sitter which you then accept and this is all done through your dashboards (account) you can then request the Welcome Guide which the owner completes and should contain all of the information you need on their pets & home. You will also need to confirm arrival and departure schedules and dates, even though the sit will have published dates the actual hand over, on both sides of the sit, needs to be confirmed.

I’m going to DM you to clarify other points and I’m sure you will receive great help, advice and pointers from our forum members.

Congratulations again … so exciting. What pets will you be bonding with (yes it happens)

3 Likes

As a sitter I suggest you pin down the dates. We often find that Home Owners advertise their holiday dates but we are often asked to arrive the day before. We also find that some home owners are so excited to be going on holiday they don’t think about their return time, so this needs to be discussed as sometimes it means staying over on the night the sit was supposed to end.
Good luck with your sit.

1 Like

Ok many thanks, i gonna look into it.

1 Like

Its gonna be the dog , he seems very easy to handle, and playful, so looks like fun. And black cat she also seems easy. I had interview with a another host as well here, and her dog was barking agressively when i sat on sofa, he acted very posesive, i been told ‘wow he usually never let any stranger pet him while he is on the bed’? so i declined, i think these things should be mentioned on the ad.

2 Likes

A very good question to remember in case you don’t have an in person interview!

How is your pet when meeting a new person?

Thanks for pointing this out!

2 Likes

Can you send that link to me to Angela? I am also headed out on my first sit.

Hi @Lizindesun congratulations! Every sit is special but we always remember the first one, mine was three months in West Chiltington, Sussex with a gorgeous ex army Springer sniffer dog called Woody and his feline brother Denzil (after the actor) …

Happy to help in anyway we can, which link are you referring to?

1 Like

Thank you Angela I appreciate your feedback. I’m not sure what link I was referring to. Have a great day Angela!

1 Like