Why can we not announce that we are in a specific location and looking for sits?

I am not sure why we are not allowed to post, “In Croatia for November/December and looking for sits”.

I have tried to post this type of thing before and was told that I am not able to. Instead, I go to local Facebook groups and post this. But I am not understanding why this type of post is forbidden. Can someone explain?

@SunshineAndAloha I can understand your frustration but the forum is open to even those who are not members of TrustedHousesitters (anyone can post, view, etc.). Community Rules - TrustedHousesitters Community Forum state the info regarding this type of post.

For safety and privacy reasons, we kindly ask that you do not upload house sitter profiles in forum topics or comments - they will be removed. This includes creating a topic or comment for the sole or partial purpose of promoting your current dates and requirements.

Our forum is designed to be a place where members can chat, share advice and their experiences, rather than being another platform to find a sit or a sitter.

## Sitters - Posting links to profiles or details of house sit dates and requirementsKeeping listings and profiles (including cancellations) on the TrustedHousesitters website also ensures that every member (even those not signed up to the forum) gets a fair and equal chance to apply for a house sit or reach out to a sitter. It also ensures that best practices are followed and there is no confusion about how the process works for either sitters and owners.

" every member gets a fair and equal chance to apply for a house sit"

I wish we still had an equal chance to apply

4 Likes