Will this be on your Festive Menu?

2020 will be remembered for many things but Pigs In Blanket Christmas Cheesecake???

If they made a vegetarian and vegan option would you indulge?

What’s the weirdest food concoction you’ve come across lately?

Screenshot 2020-11-14 at 17.07.34 https://metro.co.uk/2020/11/13/you-can-now-buy-a-pigs-in-blankets-savoury-cheesecake-13587627/#share-item-13586648-98

3 Likes

Oooo I love cheesecake and I love pigs in blanket… but together!?

I got an advert earlier on Instagram for Brussels sprout ketchup… I’m tempted to try it! :rofl:

Screenshot 2020-11-14 at 17.46.55

4 Likes

Looks absolutely fantastic.

1 Like

:nauseated_face::nauseated_face::nauseated_face::nauseated_face::nauseated_face::nauseated_face::nauseated_face::nauseated_face::nauseated_face::nauseated_face:
(I would have put just one but “posts have to be at least 10 characters” :roll_eyes:)

2 Likes

No No No. That’s plainly very wrong.

2 Likes

@Saltrams @ChrisAndSuzeGoWalkies @Jon-JWalking @Provence … This Cheesecake is certainly different.

Everyone: We are so lucky to have such a diverse global community our members will embrace and celebrate the festive season or not, depending on personal preferences, cultural traditions and faith.

We believe 2020 is the year when everyone will want to connect with family, friends and community more than ever before and one thing we know brings people together … food and drink, it’s the one thing we all have in common.

Wouldn’t it be wonderful to bring together all of that richness in a collection of global recipes with a sprinkling of cultural and family traditions to share with our entire community?

A Festive Tasting Menu … with International flavour(s) and Pet Recipes of course

Thoughts and suggestions welcome.

Have an amazing Sunday

2 Likes

Pigs in Blankets. That’s all we need.

1 Like

@Provence… Hence the “or not” we know it’s not for everyone but then it wouldn’t do for us all to be the same … Perhaps you know some good French wines?

2 Likes

Cremini for me at Christmas in Italy. They are made with nut paste and sugar (:tired_face: no doubt LOTS of sugar). Bliss! Better than chocolate.
And a very dense loaf made with nuts & dried fruit, that I can’t recall the name of right now.

3 Likes

As you know, I am always interested in accuracy, and it pains me see that these “pigs” are not, “in a blanket.” Nor are the “toads, in a hole,” a term from the nation that is world renoun for creating culinary disasters.

Indeed, these are sausages wrapped in bacon…“Pig in a Pig?”…I’m horrified to imagine what the English may call it.

At any rate, bacon is possibly the one ingredient that Christians (I’m afraid I feel sad for the orthodox religions that omit pork from their diets) add to any food to make it taste better, even cheesecake, even chocolate!

Even Chocolate Cheesecake!!

In Texas we serve “Poppers:”

1. cut a Jalapeño pepper in half,
  2. remove the seeds,
  3. stuff the pepper with cream cheese, and
  4. wrap pepper halves in bacon.
  5. bake until bacon is desired crispiness and serve
1 Like

I’m not sure which is more disturbing…flavour(s) [sic] or that Pet Recipes might include Felix.

1 Like

Christmas is all about Pigs in Blankets. One of the most important ingredients along with stuffing and Christmas Pud.

1 Like