Withdrawn vs declined

I’ve had sitters that have confirmed a sit however for various reasons cannot end up sitting.

Is there a way for the sitter to withdraw their application?

I’ve asked sitters to do so but usually end of having to decline their application in order to allow the dates to be available for new applications.

It seems like I’m declining a lot of applications when in fact sitters have withdrawn from their original commitment.

Is there a better way for me to go about this in the future?

Can sitters see the applications that I have declined?

TIA :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Once a sit is confirmed a sitter cannot withdraw their application . Up until that point a sitter can withdraw their application.

Other sitter’s can’t see what you have done - they will only see (if they have favourited your listing ) that the sit is listed again .

1 Like

Sitters can withdraw their application by pressing ‘cancel’ but if they have already confirmed the sit they can no longer cancel. This has to be done from the host side. The host has to ‘unconfirm’ the sitter.

If you decline other applicants they will receive a THS auto message that you have declined them therefore its nice if you add a personal note to the autodecline. Other sitters will not see or know you have declined other applicants. They will only see if your applicant number goes down or if your listing comes live again after it has been in ‘reviewing’ mode.

4 Likes

@Silversitters Thank you so much for the clarification.

1 Like

@lokstar Thank you so much for explaining. Looks like I’ve been following the correct procedure.

Also, I just learned from another thread how to view my listing (when I’m not logged in) and for some reason none of my dates were showing to sitters.

Thankfully, I was able to login and save my listing again and then my dates were visible.

What would I do without this forum?

Probably cry, a lot lol

5 Likes