World Happiness. Imagine a ladder

“Imagine a ladder, with steps numbered from 0 at the bottom to 10 at the top.

The top of the ladder represents the best possible life for you and the bottom of the ladder represents the worst possible life for you. On which step of the ladder would you say you personally feel you stand at this time?”

Step up!

2 Likes

Never believe what the polls say! The happiest people in the world are the people who can put a smile on their face, see people in a positive light, willing to help others and wanting the best for them not the types who want to look for bad side where no bad exists. You don’t have to look to far to come across both types.

3 Likes

The only thing I believe is formed by my own experiences.

Happiness is an inside job we all need to work on. Not a place or a person.

But one person and a community of people can create and change the state of any place as clearly evidenced here.

2 Likes

Looks like Canada is still pretty high up on the list. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Of course!
You’re doing a great job!
And let’s not forget the @Snowbird!

That’s an interesting read.

And yes an individual can tend towards being a generally happy person or not, but you still need the conditions favourable to happiness:
“Economic and social factors are considered along with the survey (namely GDP per capita, social support, life expectancy, freedom to make life choices, generosity and perceptions of corruption), but the focus is on how happy citizens say they are; not how happy statisticians think they should be.”

4 Likes

Definitely a 10 plus. Didn’t know an individual could be so happy with life.
My happiness is very little to do with where I am physically. It’s all to do with myself, my mentality and the people who surround me.

2 Likes

We are very happy as well, but I’ll admit, a big part of that is because of my privilege - not having to worry about income, social supports, access to health care etc, and of course larger issues such as freedom and war etc. I suspect I wouldn’t live such a happy life in some other countries, regardless of my generally positive outlook on life.

4 Likes

Hi @Ketch I would agree that “conditions favorable do add to one’s happiness.” When I was deployed to Iraq, my happiness was a 5 (worried about bullet rounds) and when I am in a relaxed environment, my happiness rises.

1 Like