Advice on a pet sit

WOW! SO SORRY YOU HAD TO GO THROUGH THIS ESPECIALLY SINCE YOU’VE TRAVELED SOME DISTANCE TO DO THIS SIT. THIS HOMEOWNER IS NOT JUST BEING UNREASONABLE, BUT CONTROLLING & VERY DISRESPECTFUL WHICH YOU DO NOT DESERVE. SHE IS TREATING YOU LIKE SOME HIRED HELP AND THAT YOU ARE NOT. SHE SHOULD HAVE BEEN CHECKED ABOUT HER BEHAVIOR TOWARD YOU PERIOD & AND THEN CHECKING FOR ANOTHER SITTER PERIODT. SHE SOUNDS LIKE A CONTROL FREAK THAT THINKS YOUR THERE TO JUST CHASE HER FREE ROAMING CATS BUT NOPE !!. IF this were me I would keep those cats in a certain space to keep them contained and would NOT allow them to roam everywhere. I would make this sit comfortable for me while I’m there and take care of the very few things around the house like keeping the place clean, watering her garden & bringing in her packages, you DO NOT HAVE TO ACCEPT ANY DISRESPECT FROM ANY HOME OWNER. SHE NEEDS THE SITTER NOT YOU. You are not her maid, nor are you her hired help. But if it were me. God bless!

Unless they are shouting “fire” or “get down”, or “run” because there’s a zombie apocalypse in progress, no one should be shouting at you for any reason.

She is being unreasonable. If she’s so anxious about her cats, she should have some way of keeping them contained in the future - maybe a catio or something.

You are not in the wrong here.

7 Likes

I’d love to see your list!

2 Likes

Hi, I think the owner is being unreasonable (please leave an honest review so others can be forewarned).

If this request to photograph the cats each day was not in the description of sitters responsibilities when you applied, and you did not agree to this in advance, then you should not be asked to do this and are within your rights to say no.

Cats roam. That is their normal behaviour. They are probably loving their newfound freedoms!

Be firm with the home owner.

3 Likes

The blind review is an improvement from the previous one!

2 Likes