Applying for sits by Location

That is a great tip - Thanks !

@trekker954
That’s a great tip: I am just beginning to plan next summer, assuming the US eventually lets Brits in: I have two Florida sits lined up (same HO) but a 14 day gap in between the two sets of dates. Highligting 'Already in Florida etc etc ’ might make all the difference to bagging a sit for the ‘gap’.

1 Like

We have trouble getting sitters in central Florida in the summer. I live in the largest retirement community in the world with my cat. free live entertainment every day 5-9. Let me know what you open dates will be and your THS name, maybe I can help fill the gap in between.

1 Like

Hello @LTD,
It is very interesting to read your message as we often spy listings that we would love to go but we can’t apply because it is not suitable with our schedule. So I often ask to myself “shall I dare write them a note saying I would love to house sit for them in the future… ". I never did but your recent experience show me I should.
Thank you for sharing…

There is a possibility to put dates and country you prefer. You can lost only 3. At he beginning, when it ask where do you want to go.
Try

1 Like

Some homeowners don’t appreciate receiving the type of message you’re suggesting. Instead, perhaps consider clicking on the heart-shared image in the listings (top right corner, ‘save’ button on a computer screen). I then get notifications when something a homeowner I’ve marked that way adds a new post. This is different from (and in addition to) your option to be notified of your favourite locations - this relates to preferred homeowner posts.

3 Likes

Thank you @Snowbird. Yes I also do that to save it in my favorite and receive a notification for new dates.
I was wondering when I click on this heart-button if the OH could see it ?
Do you know if the OH gets the information ? So it tells him/her that we are interesting in his listing.
Yes I can imagine it is not so easy for HO to receive and deal with too many messages from sitters… It is hard to know what to do and what not to do sometimes. :thinking: :wink:

1 Like

I think it’s only HO with premium memberships who can see who has favorited their listing?
Is this right?

3 Likes

I don’t have Premium Membership but the Standard Member Plan (medium option) and I can see who saved my listing.

3 Likes

Hi. I had also thought it depended on the level of homeowner membership, but seeing the two responses so far, maybe that’s not the case. Hopefully @Angela_L or @Vanessa will jump in and let us know. :thinking: :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Good morning @Snowbird @mars @anon39388349 @Françoise-et-Youn Thanks all for stepping in with advice.

To confirm… if you have either the STANDARD or PREMIUM membership as an owner or combined member, you will be able to see the sitters who have saved your listing as a favorite.

5 Likes

Yes, @Vanessa_A, I have the standard Homeowner only membership and I can see who has saved my listing.

1 Like