Availability calendar

I attach what I can see. I use dark mode in my computer so that could be why I see nothing, but an owner claims I’m marked available in mid-August when I’ve got a sit booked already.

Screenshot 2021-07-21 at 20.49.10.png

Hi again @Lauraa - here’s a screenshot of what I can see on your account. Which are the dates you are booked that are showing incorrectly according to the owner?

Secondly, can you try viewing in non-dark mode just to see if this is the same? If it is we can let the team see how the dark mode affects the availability.

I will get back on this for you in the morning (Euro time).

availability

She invited me for 13-20 August, having said she could see I’m available.
I don’t need or want the calendar, so it doesn’t matter that the TH software doesn’t accommodate dark mode.
Best
Laura

2 Likes

I’m guessing it was because the 13th was free, although it does clearly show the following days booked… perhaps she misunderstood. No worries re dark mode if you aren’t using the calendar, although I will let the product team know as this may be affecting other members who do use it in dark. Take care and all the best.

Honestly, our family has never used the Availability Calendar:

1. Because if the “right” housesitting opportunity comes up in the “right” location? We go.

2. Because depending upon where a housesit is located, that will determine the amount of time we will need before/after a sit to get to and from. Living in “Minnesota,” if we completed a housesit in “Hawaii” from “August 2-6, 2021?” Someone contacting us after seeing that we are available on “August 7” is a waste of everyone’s time. Since we would more than likely need at least a day to travel.

3. Because life happens. If our oldest daughter has a medical/dental/eye appointment come up, or I am asked to travel to __________ for work next week, or ??? The availability calendar becomes just one more chore to do. Needing to mark a second calendar (besides Google Calendar) to constantly update.

3 Likes

The calendar appears to have lost the plot, it’s currently telling me it’s Sunday 5th September…
It’s also saying I’m available at the very end of August and beginning of September, which I’m not!..

2 Likes

Hi @JackieX … you are right… I’ve just checked mine and it’s saying the same. I will let membership services know so they can check into tomorrow morning with the product team. Well spotted and thank-you!

2 Likes

Yes thank you @JackieX and @Vanessa_A, mine is the same … thank you for flagging.

Hi Margaret

I get the frustration. I have spent 2 days looking through profiles for last minute house sits. I was not sure about the availability calendars. Particularly the dates that were not crossed out but not in green either. So, I am sure that I invited sitters that were NOT available and they subsequently declined. I learned something today by these posts. So thanks to all!

1 Like

Hi @JackieX Could you check your date again and see if it’s now OK … thank you so much. It seems to be fixed, mine is working and others, just checking any remaining queries. Fingers crossed!! Thanks, Vanessa

2 Likes

Hi @Vanessa_A yup, it seems to know what month we are in again

2 Likes

Excellent … and thanks again for spotting!

1 Like

How can I edit calendar to reflect actual availability, not just TH sits?

Hi @Alaskacie this guide on the calendar from our website help section explains how you can use to show availability … I hope this helps.

It does not
I asked how to edit my own calendar not just for TH sits

1 Like

Hi @Alaskacie.
In your dashboard section on the THS main website, you can add dates that you are available to sit. (manage availability)
In the past when I have been sitting almost full time I would enter the current date, right through to the end of the year, or whenever I wanted to end showing as available.

You can add a number of between dates eg the first 2 weeks of every month.

You add the first dates you are available from and too, click add. You then have the option to add another date from and too etc.
Below the calendar boxes, you will see your selection of available dates, which can be edited or deleted.

If you are successful and get any sits on your selected dates, they should automatically become unavailable.

Hi @Alaskacie I do apologise if my answer was incorrect and was about to respond as @anon36831737 has so helpfully done … does this answer your question and if not could you explain further so that we might help you further.

Thank you @anon36831737

1 Like

What I’m seeing is that TH blocks the dates booked through TH and all else is available. So not sure why I’d want to add availability.

What I’m trying to do is block dates where I’m not available (and not booked through TH). Is that possible?

Thank you

1 Like

There is a search available to home owners which will eliminate any sitters not available between their search dates - based on the availability the sitters enter.

Similarly sitters can search for dates listed between certain dates.

Generally, Home owners can still see your sit listing, and don’t often check your availability when approaching you for a sit.

Simple answer to your question is no, you cannot block dates that you are not available.

Thank you @anon36831737. Someone actually did check and thought I was available when not and it’s awkward to send the decline message. (So I don’t use it, I just send an email of explanation.)

I think TH should take a few pages from Airbnb – allow us to manage calendar beyond these sits. Off-topic but plenty have requested this and it’s not happened: blind reviews with an expiration window and automatic request for reviews.

2 Likes