Christmas stays

For consideration: You can always enter tentative dates and update them later, or delete your listing and post anew (or simply not relist and privately invite your preferred sitter), after negotiations are done.

1 Like

We are traveling for the holidays and it definitely took longer to get applications for that time period compared to our listing for a sit in August. That said, we did get a handful of applicants and found a perfect fit. We are flying on the morning of the 25th so I listed our sit for the 23rd and told applicants the we were flexible about their arrival, they could arrive on the 23rd or 24th. We have a guest room so they can stay while we are still home which is helpful. Since we live in Germany I thought the allure of the Christmas markets might bring in a lot of apps and we were actually willing to let someone come even earlier so they could experience them. As it turned out, our sitter is German so it didn’t matter. That said, if you can allow a sitter to come a day or two early, I think that will make a big difference. I’d LOVE to come stay with your two beautiful doggos but I’ll be with the in-laws in Switzerland that week instead. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Good luck!

6 Likes

I’ll be with the in-laws in Switzerland that week instead.

Well there’s a business idea! “Trusted In-Law Exchange” for when you would rather not spend your holidays with your spouse’s extended family, but you could probably endure a long weekend being cordial to strangers you won’t have to see again.

1 Like

We’ve booked a sitter for our annual New Year trips for several years now. And we always book them well in advance. Our sitters for this coming New Year have been booked since May! We’ll be gone from the day after Christmas for 2 weeks! just be patient and possibly invite some of the sitters saving your profile to sit for you.

1 Like

We love it when the HO/PP plans ahead! Allows us to plan ahead as well. We are mostly booked until the end of March 2024 with just a week in October and 2 weeks at the end of December beginning of January, to fill. We’ve had homeowners ask us what we’re doing next September already.

1 Like