Clean House

Thank you @claudinekent for a honest and objective view from both sides of the TrustedHousesitters pet and house sitting network.

I too am a full time sitter who has also engaged sitters for my home and like you, have gone to great lengths to make them feel welcome, comfortable and most importantly “at home.”

During 10 years of sitting with TrustedHousesitters I have found almost all of the members I have sat for just like me hospitable, generous of time and spirit and appreciative of having a pet lover who will keep their beloved pets happy, loved and safe and homes, gardens and plants cared for as if they were my own.

When there is mutual respect, thought and commitment, the TrustedHousesitters experience works for everyone, especially the pets who don’t have a voice or a choice in the arrangements we make for them … it has to be with their best care and interests at heart.

The ultimate win, win, win, for animals and humans alike.

Thank you again.

1 Like

Closing off part of that big of a house would be fine with me. I generally stake out a few rooms to occupy during my stay and avoid the rest. If I haven’t used it I don’t feel the need to clean it. I rarely enter any bedrooms other than my own and stick to using 1 bathroom.

A clean house for me means that there are not dust bunnies the size of my head under my bed. (Yes, I’ve had that happen) it was nasty and I cleaned it. I never mentioned it in the review.

To me it also means removing clutter.

Treat the sitter’s arrival as having a special guest and you’ll be ok. I treat every sit’s home with the utmost care. I want it be like I was never there after I’m gone.

2 Likes