Getting Pet Sits Abroad - advice please

There may be a bit more competition for sits as many grey nomads may not be doing any long distance driving due to fuel costs or the recent horrid qld/nsw weather.

1 Like

@BunnyCat I belonged to Mind My House and never secured any sits through them. Aussie and Kiwi have been great. We’ve done 36 through Kiwi and we are currently on our 5th through Aussie. I also suggest that you add a link to your THS profile page in your application letter and mention the sits that you’ve done.

1 Like

@BunnyCat it would help HOs on this forum if your profile had a link to your THS sitter page. I clicked on your name and it says your public profile is hidden.

That’s so great @bunnycat. Where are you off to?

2 Likes

Thanks @Raye We have been to Australia before and you’re right it’s massive! We certainly learnt some lessons on our previous trip, like we assumed we would have light evenings to look around but as we were visiting in winter soon realised it went dark quickly! :woman_facepalming:

Thanks @Timmy think we will assimilate all this helpful infoand probably do a bit of both :+1:

1 Like

Hope you have a fabulous time and everything goes well. We are hoping by next year all things COVID will be minimal…but who knows! :wink:

1 Like

Thanks @Dee that’s encouraging! :slightly_smiling_face:

We live in the US and have done many pet sits in the UK and also France and Switzerland. We Do plan our trips around what house sits that we have found. It takes some work and we have to look for pet sits more distant. We just did a wonderful sit a three hour drive from us in a wonderful home in a beautiful location. The owners last sitters were from the UK and they are returning to sit next month. I have found that some pet owners enjoy meeting people from other countries and give them serious consideration if they have hood references through the sits with THS’s.

1 Like