Is this the norm?

Thank you very much Marion, that’s sound advice. I think for me I need to learn how to balance our dog being cared for and the need for the HS to have a bit of a holiday too. I’ve been heartened by everyone’s consistent advice so thanks again.

That’s definitely not normal. I have stayed in many houses, and if I cannot find something in the kitchen, I simply open the cabinets one by one until I find it. If not found, I assume they don’t have it. The only essentials are pet food and medicine. The rest can be found, bought or done without. Your sitter doesn’t seem very resourceful.

3 Likes

Thank you appreciate your take on things. More contact today asking how to use microwave and washing machine (instruction on both already provided).

I meant it’s not too late if the trip is still on to limit your responses!

1 Like

The age of the sitter is shown on their profile .

I hope in the future you don’t rule out by age. Unfortunately (IMO) age is listed in the sitter’s profiles although everyone 64 and over is listed as 64+, but there are plenty of people in that range still teaching yoga, riding horses, skiing, dancing, and able to keep up with an active dog.

3 Likes