Lack of responses on the increase?

Ive noticed too & for the first time. New members seem to be quite clueless & self entitled. But good to know Id say! Avoid these sits!

Isn’t the maximum number of sits anyone has done only 145? Is that you?

To be fair I was clueless as a newbie, isn’t everybody? THS is a weird little world where the geography of processes is certainly not intuitive, it takes a lot of guidance to navigate.

I know a couple in the Brighton area who’ve done well over 200 sits, as has Aunty Angela. We ourselves are on sit 140 right now :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

That’s interesting - did you see the thread about data on sitters locations and sits? It seems like they’ve missed a few data points at the top end then?

No I haven’t seen that thread but I have also seen other sitters mentioning higher figures than ours.There’s someone who often mentions 155 sits- they seem to be stuck on that number! It would be interesting to see the numbers of , let’s say, the 100 most prolific sitters! Or hosts for that matter! We sat for a guy in the UK who works in London and has sitters twice a month. We were sitters no 35 and last time I checked he’d had over 180!

N.b I just checked the profile of the prolific sitters I mentioned above- they’ve actually done 227 now! We keep coming across them as we’ve done at least 3 sits for the same hosts in the UK. I remember when we joined I noticed them straight away when browsing other sitter profiles- they were on sit no.60 back then and we’ve been chasing them ever since! Don’t think we’ll ever catch up! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

The person who did that only took a sample of sitters. Probably a little too much effort to extract data for all sitters.

I also sit with my family and find a huge amount of potential hosts dont reply.

When i apply to sit solo or with my partner, the number of non replies drops to almost zero.

I have just accepted it, i dont really care any more but it took a while!

Aha yes just reread the thread it was a sample of 500 sitters so didn’t capture outliers maybe?

Here it is I’d obviously misremembered that it was only a sample of 500 sitters, still quite interesting data though. Sitter Statistics: Average number of house-sits

@BonnyinBrighton some of us have (and are now actively pursuing) sits on other platforms. We are well over 100 but only mid 90s on THS.

In this era of “it’s all about me” many people are too self absorbed to think about others.

Clueless is one thing. Self entitlement is another & not really acceptable. Going by your logic here all new members should be avoided.

Umm I’m somewhat puzzled by your conclusion about what my viewpoint indicates. Newbies are to be nurtured and supported, as I was early on… also encouraged to read the various threads here and take notes. I think that newbies arrive as a result of recent marketing messages leaving them open to a wide range of confusion about the THS world we’re all a part of.
Having sat for new HOs and helped them to join us, I’m always curious about their initial perceptions of THS, which are often in my experience to date wrong and in need of gentle re alignment. Exactly as I’m doing here :smiling_face: