Last minute changes from HO

But @Silversitters - these are outrageous demands! Cook, sit, work… come on, nobody can expect that!

Well, jokes aside, as a HO they should be well aware of this, but I would also strongly advise a call to clarify things. We don’t want @Huronbase walking into an unusable home.

1 Like

@elmi4711 I recall a forum member posting that when they arrived at a sit they were told that if they wanted clean sheets, they would first have to plumb in the washing machine , then wash and dry the owners used bedding .

Also if they wanted curtains on the bedroom windows they were welcome to have a rummage around the packed up moving boxes and if they found some hang them up themselves .

@Huronbase You will be so exhausted from playing ‘hunt the kibble’ on your current pup-sit that I expect you will simply face-plant on the bed for 5 days! No cooking required! :rofl:

1 Like

All I can say is … wtf are the HOs thinking?

@Silversitters

What does “plumb in the washing machine” mean?

Connect it to the water supply .

1 Like

hook it up to the water source

1 Like

I arrived at a sit once where the bed was disassembled and the HO had to reassemble it for me. The living room furniture was all wrapped in plastic except for one chair because the HO was moving. The shower glass was missing (it had broken) and the HO said I could use a shower in the gym in the basement of the apartment building :open_mouth:. He acknowledged that the shower problem was unacceptable and said that I could cancel the sit. However, it was very expensive city, the sit was just a few days, and the view from the apartment was incredible, so I stayed. I rigged up sheets of bubble wrap (good thing there were packing materials around!) as a shower curtain.

Yes, I mentioned all this in my review.

5 Likes

Good news, she got back to me and clarified that kitchen isn’t packed, except for walls. Pictures etc. So I am set. And I bet the fridge is pretty empty. Yay.

6 Likes

All we want is some space in the fridge! :smiley:

1 Like

Bring it on!
(I have three big fridges…)

2 Likes

When we first started, we made the mistake of not allowing enough time between two back to back sits. The HOs were super nice about it and we all found a satisfactory solution. However, we learned our lesson and now put extra buffer time between sits. I’d give them a break unless there were other things off with the sit.

2 Likes

I think you stated what you thought was not OK about their request. I wouldn’t put it in the review as they just asked and then conceded. Not sure I’d have said ‘so you want us to pay not you’, bold! :grin:. I think I’d have just said I couldn’t do it. As sitters we have to think about what we are happy with. I’ve stayed a few nights in hostels before and after sits, for example when the HO wanted to meet me before the sit. In your case plans changed, and yes flights do sometimes get altered last min, and you said you couldn’t accommodate and that’s absolutely fine.

2 Likes

My daughter was on a flight that got cancelled as she was at the airport. And was suppose to fly out the next day at the same time. Luckily, an agent upgraded her and put her on the night flight. So it can happen.

2 Likes