Never used service before. Unsure if sitters would be interested

Thank you. I will reply to others messages next. After worrying a little, i am now blow anyway by the jump in support :grin::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Hi Julsie, your collie sounds about average in relation to dogs I have looked after. I would not have a problem. Many do not give as much information as you have. I have had dogs that will not walk to heel and absolutely pull like a train on the lead. An hour or more of tug-o’-war can be exhusting. I end up with permanent arm ache. And then if off lead and have no recall etc. Some have not been taught any commands such as stop/halt, sit, heel etc. I have defintiely had dogs who will lunge at any dog coming near. Also ones that have been allowed to be complete boss in a house and if you do something they do not like, such as attempt to just sweep the floor, they will growl very threateningly at you. I have also had some lovely ones that have been much more easy, but honestly yours sounds absolutely average to me. I wouldn’t worry.

5 Likes

Hi everyone,

I am very new to the community and have not had my first set as yet. From what I have gathered so far from the conversation, it seems to me that if pet parents and sitter are honest and upfront with each other, both will win.

3 Likes

Yes, you’ve hit the nail on the head. It’s all about open and clear communication from beginning to end

4 Likes