Using Airbnbs between sits

Definitely research Airbnbs and comparison shop. In our area lately, the AirBnBs are more expense per night than many hotels. Also be sure to note the service and cleaning fees that are added onto the nightly rate!

@pdr - The adding on of extras stopped a long time ago - now , the price you see when searching is the price you pay

1 Like

Elsie I will keep your details and message you directly as Bournemouth is a favourite jaunt of mine, so if you would trust me to clean the property to within an inch of its life I’d gladly stay there.

This is a very regional thing. In some areas it will show the final price in the search, in other areas it will show the base price with no cleaning or service fees until you go to the listing details page. My friend and I were looking to meet up and share an Airbnb for a month. We were searching from different countries and the prices were very different because mine were inclusive of fees and hers were not. You didn’t see fee info until you clicked on the listing for more info.

1 Like

Really? Was this a long time ago? Can I ask what country your friend was searching from? I am an admin on a large Airbnb host Facebook group with members from all over the world.
I have not seen this issue mentioned in the group for a very long time

This was about a month ago. I was in bulgaria, my friend was in mexico but potentially searching with a VPN. I just tested it again for a month stay in malta. These are the same listings/dates - search results vs detail page. You don’t see the actual total until you go to the listing page. The search just shows the base price. I’m currently in Croatia.

I’ve definitely noticed this (from France and UK in any case) but what tripped me up for a bit is demonstrated in these two images from same property:

The map shows E72 with the correct total of E431 for the period but when you click on the listing it then shows the price before all the extras of E57 a night. It confused me to start with until I added up all the costs. As I’d favorited lots of places and didn’t go back to the map, I mentally had in mind the lower “nightly” cost as the price I was paying in our recent Paris stay. Lesson learned :slight_smile:

Yes, @Vanessa-Admin this is the ‘improved’ way and seems to be really liked by guests. When searching properties, guests are now told the actual price they will pay including all charges - not till checkout, for transparency, a breakdown is shown so guests know exactly what that figure comprises of.

The ‘old’ way - which was previously probably the most complained about topic on Airbnb, is how @CreatureCuddler describes. When searching the guest is only shown the base room price, then all extra charges appear as a shock at checkout. I thought this old method was completely done away with now, but evidently not!

3 Likes

Yes, now I understand it I much prefer it too :slight_smile:

No problem.

Thanks, @Colin - good to know!

Due to unreliability of UK trains I sometimes travel to a sit the day before if it’s far away and stay in airbnb.

One day I’m gonna try a tent the day before.

3 Likes