What makes you say 'Yes' to a new THS sitter (especially if they have kids)

I wouldn’t like a cleaner either. The sitter should be responsible enough to look after the house and leave it as they found it

@Vicki64Vito20 I’ll have to to keep an eye out for one of your listings!

1 Like

For me the focus is the time with the animals or the garden. I feel the real connections come with being in the community and appreciating a new location. With three young children who will need daily tending it might be difficult for some home owners to have that much traffic in their home. My youngest is 15 years old and I don’t think I would consider taking him to a sit until he is older or has something genuine to offer the homeowner such as taking care of large animals, mowing large yards or pool upkeep.
As a teacher who is taking an extended break from teaching (a student gave me a concussion) in person this is a time for me to enjoy some quality time with loving animals and different communities.

HI @Tashie in theory this sounds a good idea but who would pay for any damage or theft that may occur from a cleaner/gardener etc and would the house owner know who they are before hand? I think the liability problem could be a difficult one. I know if it was me I would want to interview any external cleaners who came into my home and see references and DBS. I would hate to see a sitter put into a difficult position because of an outside issue. Other views on this would be really interesting.

1 Like

What thoughtful advice! I second all of your points, especially your emphasis on authenticity.

We’ve secured x5 sits since joining THS just 12 days ago. How have we done this?

1. X4 solid references all regarding animals
  2. A detailed profile including annotated photos, giving a sense of who we are and why we’re offering to be sitters. Why THS and why now….
  3. Addressing the key items the HO focussed on in their description eg elderly horse, strong pony, style of property and land management experience, lively fit dog, or dog requiring a quiet steady day, rescue cat understanding/empathy, etc etc
  4. Offering WhatsApp mob video discussion in the application.
  5. Good preparation for the video discussion.
1 Like

Never ever I would accept a stranger who hire a stranger to clean in my house.
Imagine something would broken. Who was it? Who is responsable?