A warm welcome from Angela, your Community Manager

Thanks Angela, I had such fun writing it. I’m sure that all our sitters have a funny story to tell!

1 Like

Just one Jane? :wink:

So long in a caravan! Needs must I guess but you must have been relieved when that came to an end. Tough spring and summer wasn’t it and could get bad again now unfortunately.

2 Likes

Wow the book looks great. Must be so many stories and tales to tell about your housesitting experiences that it was tough to decide which ones to include? Hope you get bucket loads of sales.

1 Like

Thanks Jon! It was fun to write! x

2 Likes

Yes, we could have stayed with family normally, but both parents were selfisolating.

2 Likes

Looks like you just made a sale! It’s on my Amazon present list now :wink:

2 Likes

Oh thank you! I hope you enjoy it!

Thank you Angela
Yes, it was, we do co-own with family a property in Norfolk but both elderly parents self isolating so a caravan it was.
We love your story, can certainly see you in a classy fast car, looking very elegant. And youf housesitting path is inspirational :blush:
This was our Lockdown Love :grin: Cassie, the farm dog and me having fun with the calves on the farm.

?

5 Likes

Hi Angela
Great to trial the new forum!!

Stuart

7 Likes

Ah, HRH Marley Cat, welcome your Pawship :crown::cat2:

Many apologies for not welcoming you first @Stuartdalzell but as servants need to know our place.

Seriously thank you for joining our team of testers and we sincerely hope you enjoy the conversations. Should HRH have any suggestions or insights, please pass along my email address.

Have a lovely weekend

Wow! That is one very handsome cat :heart_eyes:

1 Like

… and Marley knows the difference between Tesco & Waitrose’s chicken doesn’t he? @Stuartdalzell

2 Likes

Gorgeous kitty :heart_eyes_cat:

1 Like

Hi @HousesittingMag as you know we’ve considered buying a van, doing up a van etc. Think with our budget we would have to buy a van and convert it ourselves. Another one of our problems would be where to have it parked for that time, I do have a brother with land space but the other big thought is where do you live whilst working on the van, possibly 2 to 3 months. We don’t have a UK base now, perhaps you do?

1 Like

Hi Vanessa and Ian,
I love reading about your adventures and experiences in your House Sitting Magazine, you are a talented writer.
Good luck with the converted campervan and I wish you more happy travels in the not so distant future!
Maryse
San Diego, California

1 Like

Hello! Bonjour! We are Maryse and Jeff, a very active, retired couple, living near San Diego, California, USA. Jeff is American, Maryse is French. Fortunate enough to have been able to retire early, we now enjoy traveling, skiing, hiking, cycling, swimming, cooking and reading. Jeff was a research scientist and Maryse a financial analyst. We have a special connection with pets. Prior to getting into house sitting, we had 4 elderly pets, but lost one each year, 4 years in a row. Our last cat was 22 years old. We chose not to have any more pets, so we can now travel and explore the world. Pet sitting allows us to travel with the added benefit of getting our pet fix. We have been housesitting since 2014. Our first house sit was in the French Alps for 3-1/2 winter months, skiing and shoveling snow, followed by house sits in the USA, France, Ireland, Australia and New Zealand. We are currently on our 106th house sit. We have met wonderful people and their pets, developed lasting friendships, immersed ourselves in the local cultures, and discovered wonderful sights. We are frequently invited back for repeat house sits. Due to COVID 19 and the cancellation of several sits, we are house sitting close to home for the rest of this year.
Surprise! Jeff was a race car driver and Maryse a tap dancer!
We are excited to connect with other Trusted House Sitters and Owners!

6 Likes

What a lucky farm dog, I am sure he never got so much attention before you!

3 Likes

Hi Maryse and Jeff
Great to meet you, we are Julie and Jonathan from UK. Wow, you have had some great house sit locations. 106 :open_mouth: that is Amazing!

We recently had 3 months exploring California house sitting and we had a week of our own in San Diego, we loved it, we stayed close to the Gaslamp District. Vibrant!
We loved our evening strolls Seaport Village.
So sad that there were so many homeless people in the centre .
The coastal drive down to SD was beautiful.
Yout story sounds similar to our own. Always had pets in the past and now wish to travel and finding THS so being able to travel and getting our pet fix too is a dream. And the wonderful friendships you make is priceless.

We have been house sitting for 3 years. 47 sits.
Oh always wanted to tap dance, still have it on my list to learn.
Lovely to connect with you.

2 Likes

@Maryse welcome to the Forum testers community … it’s wonderful to have you join the conversation and with you & Jeff’s years of TrustedHousesitters experience, we can look forward to great contributions on many topics.