Additional tasks

That’s what the pre sit interview is for. Due diligence.

Put yourself in the place, and when you return home, you will find that you do not find the state of the garden acceptable. Completely different from the effort and even passion you put into four your pet sitters to have a nice garden look, before you left. It is than much better to book a cheap holiday where everything is done for you and buy your ticket to the zoo.

1 Like

If the HO wants a good gardener, they would need to write that clearly in the listing, for example with the number of hours of work the sitter is expected to put in. There should also be enough photos of the garden. And it should be an important subject of the video chat.

2 Likes

Personally I love playing in the dirt albeit it takes more effort now but I think that’s just because I don’t do it regularly anymore but I will always say yes to garden, mowing, pool care, anything outdoors except snow related activities :rofl:

2 Likes

People must also take their own responsibility, it is and remains a domestic animal sitter. The abundance of rules in society will never make everything happen as it should be done in a human way, not even with lots of photos, text, online video chat in advance or on-the-spot explanations.

No but it certainty helps…and better than not.

1 Like