Am I being tracked by an Air Tag?

West Haven, CT until Jan 30. Fortunately cats only so no need to walk them.
If the house wasn’t 100 years old and drafty, 64 wouldn’t be too bad.

1 Like

You’re made of tougher stuff than I am!

I saw this article tonight.

4 Likes

Thanks for sharing this as it’s definitely something I know nothing about!

2 Likes

Thank you for this. It seems I’ve opened a can of worms but at least I, and others, have been made aware of the tags.

4 Likes

@temba

I’d been completely unaware of them as well.

1 Like

I need to get one of those to find my missing eyeglasses :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I have no problem with air tags or any other tracking device for the dog or keys even phone. It’s an easy way for me to find them. If the sitter is following instructions why would it bother them? Eg. Walk the dog for 30 minutes, morning and evening is a clear concise instruction, easy to follow, no ambiguous details.
I use a walking app myself to monitor my exercise during the week.

2 Likes

I agree, although I think the part that would bother me is not being told about it.

9 Likes

Opps, never read that but. Yes, that is a no no.

2 Likes

Enjoy West Haven! Consider popping into Louis’ Lunch Shop. They are said to be the home of the first hamburger, just a hop over in New Haven. It’s -2C here in NYC and I have my windows open so we can get a nice breeze in.

Android has tag as well. I considered buying them as I often keep my phone on silent and have to get on my laptop to ring it. I’m also the one that put my earbuds in a purse I rarely use and couldn’t find them for months on end. Tags def have good uses if you don’t think of everything in a 1984, Orwellian manner.

2 Likes

I’m thinking of all kinds of things I could attach one to.

2 Likes

I’d remove it too. Or I’d get a key cut at my expense and totally dispense with their set of keys. I’ve never heard of an air tag and I’m v v concerned by the idea of it as a tracker.

Well I believe them now that they’ve explained they’re just using it if they mislay their keys. It’s useful to know about it and, if I have a tag in future will ask they owners if they’re going to track me!

1 Like

We had exactly this last week. We visited a house and were shown the Nest and how to adjust heating and hot water. When we arrived for the sit there was no hot water and the Nest had been locked with a PIN. The owner was controlling the use from their, phone, refused to allow us access or to unlock it and we had to contact admin.

1 Like

Wow. How long a sit was that?

1 Like

Just a short one thankfully 4 nights. Admin contacted them and they did agree a compromise but not one which allowed us any access or control contrary to what they had showed us on the pre sit visit.

That is so awful. No hot water?? That’s barbaric. My hosts have always wanted to make me feel comfortable in their homes.

2 Likes

I hope that you will mention this in your review to warn others. Expecting people to
be without hot water is uncaring to say the least.

6 Likes