Bad wifi on sits

I work remotely when on a sit as well. I have good roaming on my mobile along with tethering so I can get online in around 100 countries if needed.
I also have a travel router that is it’s own WiFi hotspot connecting to the owners internet by WiFi or a cable. This servers 2 purposes as it connects me back to home so no-one I work with knows I am not at home and I can access all work resources that are locked to my home connection but it also allows me to extend the WiFi reach in the house I’m sitting in.
You can also get an E-SIM online for data in pretty much any country in the world and use it in most modern phones without removing the physical SIM.
If connectivity is a primary concern for you perhaps leave those questions until after you have had a conversation with the owner and sold the fact that you work as a benefit for their home and pets and then ask about their speed just so you can be prepared for what you may need to bring rather than have them think it may cause you to cancel the sit.
fast.com is a good site to send people to as it has no ads, is run by Netflix so people will trust it a bit more and gives a simple easy to understand result.

1 Like

That’s very useful to know! What is the brand of your travel router? Thank you!