Bringing own dog

Hi
At present i have used THS to look after my dog when i have travelled.
I am wondering whether to sign up as a sitter too. Ideally it would be hubby me and our dog. Our dog is a goodnatured well trained golden retreiver.

Has anyone done this and as an owner would you find this ok?

Thanks

Welcome
The question has been asked many times and some sitters do sit with their own dog(s). Your opportunities will of course be more limited.

2 Likes

Yes, it is very possible! While I donā€™t currently have pets of my own, Iā€™m aware of several home owners who have had sitters with their own dogs. Especially in households with only one dog (who is receptive and friendly towards other dogs of course) it can provide them with company and can be a really lovely experience. Obviously, sits are more limited (especially cat sits) but it is certainly a possibility.

2 Likes

Like others have said, there are people who do this so certainly possible. But between there being no ā€˜pet-friendlyā€™ tag for sits, and most listings not addressing this issue directly, you have no way of knowing whether it would be okay or not at the time you applyā€“which it probably wonā€™t in most cases.

So as long as you are prepared for the possibility of having to send more applications, and higher rates of rejection, I am sure you will end up connecting with hosts who are okay with it. Good luck!

1 Like

Absolutely! Weā€™ve had many sitters bring their dogs. We just had one last week. :paw_prints::two_hearts:. For me, itā€™s a plus. Gives our sweet girl a playmate.

1 Like