Cancellation by sitters

I wholly agree with this. I don’t think the churn that comes along with increasing membership is a great long-term strategy, particularly as a service like THS is only as good as its members. I do not expect that the fallout will be pretty.

3 Likes

Hi everyone. This is just a gentle reminder to please stay on the original poster’s original topic. Thank you.

I might be missing something but to me that comment was totally ‘on topic’ as it relates to the issue of cancellation by sitters and I cannot see why changes in strategy should be ignored as potentially impacting on cancellation levels.

8 Likes

Hi everyone.

When a forum conversation is focussed on one particular subject, in this instance cancellations, the perception of the issue involved can be very different from the reality as some opinions, other than those who have been directly affected, might be based on anecdotal narrative and speculation.

There are thousands of successful sits happening daily around the world with both new and experienced sitters. Sitter members who would never cancel once they have made a commitment.

Of course we never want to hear of a confirmed sit being cancelled, even in extenuating circumstances but we realize that these situations are unforeseen and often unavoidable.

For reassurance, if a sitter cancels without good reason this is recorded on their account by the Membership Services Team.

Comment updated:

On a personal note, cancellations are a “pet peeve” of mine, when they happen I take it personally. I am constantly on the subject. In 12 years and 200+ sits I have never cancelled a sit and I am not unique by any means.

There have always been cancellations and there always will be but suggesting this is becoming the normal does a huge disservice to all of our amazing sitters … new and experienced.

3 Likes

Hi @Angela_L

How does a cancelation being recorded in a sitters membership help a potential HO have a conversation with a sitter about potential commitment concerns?

Or reassure a HO in their decision making process?

And I will just add that from a former business owner perspective…all those successful sits is as it should be.

It’s measuing and managing non successful sits to zero is where the real work is to be had.

Appreciate the forum and it’s potential impact for improvements toward successful stays & sits!

3 Likes

Hi @HelloOutThere Member behavior is monitored closely, including cancellations. Membership Services will advise members of the fact and when necessary will remove members who break the Code Of Conduct.

While a 100% success rate is always the goal of any business, TrustedHousesitters is no different, the core of our business is the community made up of pets and humans, we are a unique community, striving for perfection but like any other business we are not perfect and member success has always been the top priority of the TrustedHousesitters team.

The Forum is very new in relative terms but the introduction of the platform has been invaluable in connecting our community and feeding back insights to the wider business to help achieve even greater member success so that we can keep more pets happy and safe at home which is the ultimate goal, after all pets are the reason why we are here.

5 Likes

Appreciate the discussion!

1 Like

Admin Notice: Post TEMP closed for moderation.

A post was merged into an existing topic: What Features Would You Like to See on THS?