Conclusion Of Pausing Application Test - Updated Post

@meow we are low volume sitters (6 sits over the past year, averaging no more than a week in length). I still care because I think we will be affected more than most. I work in an environment where I cannot have access to a phone, so we will miss many great sit opportunities.

I do agree that this decision is entirely financially motivated. It is completely natural for some sitters to do many sits and others only a few - it depends on their life circumstances and availability to travel. Those who sit full time can still only sit for a maximum of 12 months each year (give or take a few days where couples split to cover overlap). But as you say, full time sitters are not as lucrative as several occasional sitters.

I do think there will be consequences for THS further down the line. Less than 6 months ago, THS had a shortage of sitters
https://forum.trustedhousesitters.com/t/sitter-owner-ratios-helping-to-redress-the-balance/13235

This decision has already caused a number of full time sitters to leave the platform, and this trend will likely continue as renewal dates come around. Will the remaining, mainly part time sitters be enough to fill all the sits? Only time will tell.

I feel sorry for @Ben-ProductManager and the Forum Admins. This decision has been taken at a much more senior level, but they are on the front line, having to deal with members anger and disappointment. They aren’t responsible for this decision, and they may well not personally agree with it. However they work for THS and have to do their jobs.

Our membership is due for renewal in 4 days, With 3 confirmed sits booked, we will renew and see how things go for the next year. I think we will still find good sits in the UK, although we won’t see all of them. We do mainly apply for rural / village sits where a car is required, and these normally receive less applicants. We will sit tight for now and see what happens.

17 Likes