Desperate looking for a Xmas/New Year sitter

I have seen listing where this has been done. So definitely you need to contact member services to do it for you as @Cuttlefish advised .

1 Like

You may find that the ULEZ charges are a problem - we have an older car and can not afford the £12.50 a day to use the car so London a No no sadly - just a thought.

1 Like

Yes, will contact THS, as it’s definitely not letting me list 24-27/27-7, which is what I want to do!

That’s a good point that I hadn’t thought of. One of the great things about London though is that most of the time you don’t need a car! I appreciate there may be mobility issues or other considerations for some, but I’ve lived here 13 years and am a single mum of 3 kids and we just walk/cycle (I say that people can borrow our cycles on our profile)/take public transport. I did have one sitter back out today as I couldn’t offer a private driveway for her to park her car, which she had assumed I had - which is definitely a rarity in London!

2 Likes

Travel costs are keeping me home as well. What is a hamper??? Here in America it’s something you throw dirty clothes in!!! :joy:

@Joannb877

2 Likes

A hamper is a basket full of goodies, ss far as I know.

If they’re available and able, you could also discuss what securing a spot would look like. I’m not sure where in London you are but when I had family come to stay in zone 2, we just rented a private spot for a few days for their car, which was parked most of the time securely and then they collected when they left…some good apps for that and it may be something to think about just in general if you find it’s a blocker for some sitters and provide those details in your guides or call out it’s an option with an average cost of X/day.

If you get desperate, I’m pretty sure you could also offer to subsidise or pay for the parking if it comes to that for this situation to meet them in the middle… HOs are allowed to offer things but HS’s are not allowed to demand payment.

Anyway just food for thought!