Do you make use of all available rooms? Gyms, Cinema rooms etc?

We tend to stick to a sitting room or den, kitchen, our bedroom and one bathroom. Less cleaning! But I do like cinema rooms with reclining chairs. And hot tubs and swimming pools are usually used when weather permits.
My favourites are large rambling gardens and outside sitting areas. Curling up on a sun lounger with a book is heaven.

3 Likes

I had a great one over Easter - a house with an eyewateringly expensive bean-to-cup coffee machine. I was obssessed with it. Pretended to be a barista every morning whilst talking to the 2 labrador ā€˜customersā€™. Practised my ā€˜latte artā€™. Now saving up for one.

10 Likes

I am so glad someone else has ā€œdoggie talksā€. Itā€™s great to have a captive audience. Although I did start to sing once and the pooch walked out of the kitchen. I was rather offended.

1 Like

Iā€™m a water baby too. If thereā€™s a hot tub Iā€™m invited to enjoy, Iā€™m in. I also once did a sit at a home with a pool that was featured on Oprahā€™s show. It wasnā€™t much for lap swimming, but floating around the back yard as the pool snaked its way through the landscaping was wonderful!

4 Likes

@Karen_E Sounds heavenly! :sweat_drops::heart::slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I have definitely enjoyed building ā€˜amenitiesā€™

1 Like

@ElsieDownie bliss!

1 Like

Currently on a sit in U.K. with an outside pool - we didnā€™t use it last time as it was winter - making the most of it this time as itā€™s glorious sunshine :sunglasses: :bikini:

4 Likes

Sometimes thereā€™s a sitting room that has no TV, lovely furniture, very peaceful. The hosts usually say ā€˜We donā€™t often use this roomā€™ - but we do, as they tend to be great spaces for yoga and meditation! We donā€™t use TV snugs much except in the winter. Offices we do use if offered, as we both work from ā€˜homeā€™ - but our favourite spot is often the kitchen table! We donā€™t tend to use gyms, but one of our favourite sits has a barn gym with a table tennis table - we use that a lot. I love it when thereā€™s use of a summer house. A recent sit had a moutainside sauna with an arch window: you can bet we used that!

4 Likes

Dogs are often amazed when I start to sing, I like to think because itā€™s a new experience for them! I also have a tin whistle which usually goes down well with dogs, though one cat hated it - and another ran for her life every time my partner got his guitar outā€¦

I donā€™t use amenities like pools, hot tubs, gyms and movie rooms. We even own a home with a pool Iā€™ve never been in, LOL. It came with the house. I have a huge tub at home, which Iā€™ve not used. It also came with the house. I prefer showers.

I never even turn on the TV when I sit. I watch stuff on my iPad, because I can carry it inside and out and from room to room. And I can easily pick up my movie or show where I left off.

I do enjoy a nice garden and/or conservatory, especially with furry friends.

1 Like