Dog Info would be helpful

Would be really useful if dog owners included breed, age, personality, neutered or not, training e.g. must be on lead at all times and where dog sleeps at night.

Often it’s just a dog photo and a dog name.

1 Like

I agree. Same goes for reviews. On current sit I’ve actually thought that I will mention a couple of useful tips regarding the pet, and not only how cuddly she is.

3 Likes

Good point. That’s something I find really useful when I read the reviews and I think I will need to take notes during the sit so that I don’t forget. Sometimes it takes a bit to get the hang of it and once I have managed to successfully handle some behaviors I may forget.

1 Like

Totally agree. There are certain breeds that people aren’t comfortable with. Also how large a dog is as a smaller person may find it difficult to handle a say 80 lb dog even if its a good dog don’t pull etc. But for a sitter you don’t know how your dog is going to react to someone different taking them for a walk. We all want to do sits that work for both sitters, and HO’S. I like as much detail as can be given. To be respectful of the dog and HO’S.

1 Like

What’s probably annoying on both sides too, is that HOs now fill in details like how long you can leave the dog for & sitters fill in how long they’ll walk a dog for or how big a breed they’re willing to care for and neither set of info is shared with the other side. It just seems to be info gathering for THS and is a waste of time not to add it to profiles #utterlybonkers

8 Likes

Yes I see that as well

2 Likes

Especially whether a dog is neutered or not. I did a sit for two dogs who weren’t and it wasn’t the greatest of sit - definitely something that needs to be mentioned.

1 Like

I would like a filter to be able to search for the number of dogs in a listing @Jenny

3 Likes

I’ve popped that over to the team @Twitcher - if I hear anything back I’ll let you know!

2 Likes