Family of 5 looking for sits

Good luck and keep trying

1 Like

Love the new pictures of your children with pets.

3 Likes

Ditto that… they are fab new pictures @RinaS !!

3 Likes

Hi Rina. If you’re still looking for a house sit, I’m open to a family of 5 house sitting for me :slight_smile: Please contact me for further information.

Admin notice - listing link removed in accordance with forum guidelines

Hi RinaS-
We are in S Florida looking for a sitter! We have 3 kids ourselves (2 rooms with bunkbeds) and a very kid friendly home. We have 2 pups we need looked after that love kids and to play! It’s short notice, but if you all would like to visit West Palm Beach, Florida I’d love to connect! xo

HI @Luckii and welcome to the forum. Rina does have their profile embedded and it shows that the US is not one of their preferred countries. However, as many sitters will tell you, we often go to places we never planned on but they drew us in. :slightly_smiling_face:

I encourage you to add your listing to your forum username/profile. Here are the instructions.

I’ll also mention that one of my tips to improve listings in an earlier post was to avoid acronyms. As a worldwide site, many members may not know what WPB stands for (I’m guessing West Palm Beach?).

Francine,
Volunteer Forum Moderator

1 Like

Hi @ Angela, If videos were once used for sitters to upload, why were they discontinued? This seems like it would be a good idea for the homeowners as well.

I believe it was related to technical/functionality also there were not many members who did use the function.

Hello, would you consider coming to Chesapeake VA during the last week of June?

We have a pool, and plenty of room for a family.
Please message me
Bobbie

1 Like

Hi @bobbiejturner and welcome to the forum. It’s always a good idea to check a sitter’s calendar and preferred countries before inviting them. Although not the case this time, owners often invite sitters for dates where they are already shown as booked for THS sits, which can be frustrating for sitters.

However, if your request is to the original sitter here, RinaS, then the USA is not shown as one of their preferred countries. I suppose it never hurts to ask, but I just thought I’d point those two areas out to you.

Francine,
Volunteer Forum Moderator :canada:

Thank you… your are right. I need to pay more attention.
I appreciate your help
Bobbie

2 Likes

It’s a learning curve for all of us, and most of us are still learning new things every day. :slightly_smiling_face: Hence the reason the forum is so helpful at times. You can always use the magnifying glass to search key words if you have a question. If you don’t find the answer, just ask the forum members. People are happy to share their opinions and experiences. We’re all learning from each other.

Hi Rina
I am house sitting in a family of 4. We too, own a pet so we choose to do short term house sits and get our neighbour to check in on our cat who is a house one, however, have a friend that can look after her when we have longer absences.

The reason we started house sitting was because we travelled to another part of the country at the end of last year and were so bored at one of the hotels we stayed at but noticed one of the hotels had a cat. Me and my partner wanted our children to be introduced to animals at an early age, despite owning our cat and our eldest is an animal lover. There are chickens at her school and our daughter loves to pat any animals on approach when we are out walking hehehe
At all of our house sits, we supervise the children at all times. We even mention this in our applications. We have noted that despite some house owners noting that house is family friendly, a few are reluctant to consider us because of the pet that might be aggressive or not be nice to our youngest who is a toddler, despite having experience with similar dogs. We have also applied for family friendly house sits where after being interested in us, the owner is worried about steps, stairs, water features or little pools outside for our toddler. Photos of the house are appreciated,
You have older kids so you don’t have to worry about these things but home owners need to factor in safety of children in their house whether it be the layout or aggression from their pets with young kids.
In saying this, we always factor in safety and look at the photos of the house layout and the animals and read the advertisement carefully. It is a pity we cannot directly enquire to ask questions, unless you apply for a house sit but I always ask questions about these sorts of things if I cannot read about it in the advertisement which may mean withdrawal at times.
I love looking after animals as much as my family does.

1 Like