How to add a listing or profile link to your FORUM profile

It’s important to firstly understand that your FORUM PROFILE is different to the profile you have as a member on the main TrustedHousesitters’ website.

Although we do not allow links to profiles or listings in forum topics or posts (see guidelines here), you can easily add a link to your TrustedHousesitter website profile or house sit listing in your FORUM PROFILE.

We would recommend you do this on the desktop version as it’s easier to manage unless you are very adept at using smart devices :slight_smile:

1. Go to the main TrustedHousesitters website and LOGIN to the DASHBOARD. Here you can PREVIEW your listing or profile and copy (Ctrl + C) the URL in the browser bar, ready to paste it into your forum profile. It will look something like this:

2. Go to the FORUM and CLICK on your USER ICON in the top right corner - this may be a photo if you’ve uploaded one, or a letter in a circle. Then CLICK on the “head and shoulders” icon and from the drop down menu, select PREFERENCES.

3. On the left of the screen you will see a further list. Select PROFILE to open up a screen that will show your PROFILE text and other information. You can add a link in the text section and/or you can scroll down to a box labelled WEB SITE.

4. Paste the URL you copied earlier (CTRL + V) into this box. If you’ve lost the URL, don’t worry, just go back to your TrustedHousesitters dashboard and copy it again.

5. Once you’ve added this link, don’t forget to scroll to the bottom of the screen and select the SAVE CHANGES green button.

Now anyone who clicks on your user icon, will see your link(s) and be able to make contact by a DIRECT MESSAGE by clicking the green MESSAGE box.

1 Like
Nobody wants me :-( Advice for a first time house sitter?
Urgent! December 20 to 27th...needing a sitter for my dog at Berlin, Schoneberg
SITTER NO LONGER NEEDED! Santa Fe New Mexico Dec 19 - Jan 2
Cat Sitter Needed 20th Dec - 30th Jan, Elizabeth Bay Sydney
Update - Sit Filled - Boise idaho white christmas
Urgent sitter Mini husky puppies! Dec 21- Jan 2 (Negotiable)
Sitter has Covid-19 - sit in 2 days, no reply yet from TSH
Kitty Sitter Needed! Christmas in Colorado? Dec 23-Jan 5
About Last Minute Sits
How quick would you expect reply from Sitter
New to THS need help!
URGENT: Puerto Rican Paradise 30 Dec - 11 Jan 2022
Hello - From a new member - Some Questions Also
Sitters avoiding dogs?
Dog sitter Found ! 1-16 Jan Aberdeen Scotland
Airbnb vs TrustedHousesitters
Looking for a certain kind of sit
Health club analogy and age considerations
Sitters found thanks Urgent Sitters required 31/12/2021 to 11/01/2022 Brossac, 16480, France
Update - The end of posting house sits in the forum (except last minute)
Christmas sitting
Christmas sitting
Urgent sitter needed 16th Dec - 9th Jan, Marbella, Spain
Dec 16 to Jan 8 - Dog sitter needed in lovely Queen Anne, Seattle
No interest, no refund :(
I'm a newbie HO and a new sitter has applied
Help?! Dog/Cat Sitter Needed, Dec 20-30, New York City, NY
Christmas sitting
Christmas in sunny Southern California Dec 23 - Jan 2
Not finding a pet sitter
What food do you leave for your house sitters?
Hello from California! Madeleine the Sitter
New home owner from Philly
Hello from the latest Newbie Sitter in Worcestershire
Bullet points missing from owner listing
Bullet points missing from owner listing
Cat sitter needed: Dec 24 - Jan 2 in New Mexico, USA
Hello, Community - from Chicago
Urgent Dog Sit - 20 Dec - 28 Jan 2022, Biebergemünd, Frankfurt, Hessen, Germany
Urgent pet sit in the Loire valley, France 20-27 December but can be flexible

A bit behind in linking to my profile and I have a question :-). As we are nomadic I tend to change my location in my profile, depending on where we are. This location then shows up in the link. Is it possible to change the link every time we change location? Thanks :slight_smile:

Thank you. I’ve been trying to do that for about a week.

@liz @ElsieDownie Yes, I believe you just go into PREFERENCES and PROFILE and put a different location. Give it a try. This software isn’t linked to the TrustedHousesitter software (otherthan to go from one platform to the other and back), so you can pretty much try anything in here without upsetting anything. Let us know if it works, but I’m almost sure it will.

thanks, I’ll give it a try and let you know if it works when we change location :slight_smile:

1 Like

thank you will try n desktop PC tomorrow