Cannot filter area of pet sitters

Hi @maureen, Welcome to the THS community forum we’re happy to have you here. I see that you’re wanting to have sitters in your area apply for you sit. However that’s not how the platform works. Every time any homeowner posts a new sit it goes up on the site and any sitter member can apply. However, that doesn’t mean you can’t find a local sitter. I suggest that at the very top of your listing you write “We are looking ONLY for sitters local to (enter your city name), please only apply if you are in our area. Thank you!”
Something like that would certainly make it clear to all sitters that are interested what you are looking for in a sitter.

My other recommendation would be to add your THS listing URL onto your forum profile so that other members can offer suggestions (if you’d like them) on your listing as well as other members in your area. I think you’d get some interest if you wrote a separate post introducing yourself to the community, a little about yourself the area you’re in and why you like it and a little about your pet(s).

Here’s a link to help walk you though the steps on how to get your profile link on your forum profile. If you need help feel free to message myself or one of the other forum moderators.