Hello from Derbyshire UK :)

@LauraSK Welcome to the community forum of TrustedHousesitters. I took a while to decide to join the forum, but I’m glad I did. I have many years of being a sitter with THS, but I’ve still learned lots from being here. I’ve incorporated some ideas that have really been effective. It’s also good to learn more about what’s happening in other areas of the world for members.

I encourage you to embed a link to your sitter profile into your forum username/profile . It has many benefits, including others in the community learning more about you.

Many sitters have kept up relationships with former homeowners from the site, especially when returning to do sits for them. For those you sit for who are no longer members, you can request a reference. It’s good for THS owners to see that you’ve had repeat sits, as it confirms that the owners truly were happy with you. If it’s a reference, make sure to ask the person to include the location (city/country) as well as the date range. With reviews, this is automatically shown, whereas it has to be manually added for references.

Francine,
Volunteer moderator :canada: